colored bars after install os x 10.4.8 amd

michaelA

2 posts in this topic

hello everyone,

first of all, here are the details of my pc:

cpu: amd athlon 64 3500+ with sse2 and sse3

mobo: asus a8n-sli se

ram: samsung ddr 400mhz 2x512mb

grafik card: sapphire x800gto² with modded bios (16 pixelpipelines)

hdd: 160 gb samsung IDE 5400 u/min (15 gb primary partion for osx reserved)

so, i hope this is enough:-)

second - the situation:

i installed the 10.4.8 version with amd drivers included (nvidia40) and i used the tutorial in this forum:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36516

i made every as told in the tutorial with the primary partition and the boot manager and the drivers. osx has been installed properly and i also activated the amd drivers, but when i try to start the os, i only get a black screen with some coloured stripes in it. sometimes there are two red stripes and sometimes the are white and blue stripes. the first time, i thought, this is some kind of loading screen, but it never changes.:-(

unfortunately i cannot find any mistake during the installation process, which makes it very hard for me to fix the problem.

maybe one of you experienced users can see, what i have done wrong.

when i start os x, i can type some boot options. maybe i have to activate something or install some drivers in advance, but in the tutorial, nothing is mentioned about this.... maybe this one is for intel users....

i hope one of you guys can help me

much greetings from the very cold munich

michael

Edited by michaelA

hello everyone,

i solved my problem on my own:

the version that i have has ATI X1xxx driver included, but i have a x800gto“ card....

so this time i installed the amd nvorce40 driver but not the X1xxx driver.

right now i am writing @ (the at sign is on the l now...strange!!) osx and as we bavarians say: des gfreit mi narrisch, dos des jetzt klappt!

i hope, that someone who has the same problem will write this post and will get help...

i think that this is a great forum and i got so much information from it, so thank you everyone for asking and answering!

now i will try to configure my os x, maybe i need some help later on from you guys.

much greetings from the still infxckingcreadible cold munich (-10°C)brrrrrr

michael