Mac OS X Security Update 2007-001 Released

26 posts in this topic

Apple have today released Mac OS X update 2007-001, addressing security issues found in Quicktime.

The details on this update can be found here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304989

The update is now available via Software Update.

Sorry Rammjet beat you to the punch.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=39701&hl=

Rammjet's not posting on the front page though, is he? People will want to see this. :unsure:

Lol, totally true.

Not everyone reads the reader's news, therefore it needs to make it onto the frontpage, regardless if it comes before or after the reader's news post.

Lol - it's not a competition. Reader's News is there to tell us about news that we might not have seen, or might not have gotten to. We work in conjunction and when our News Team gets news from the Reader section, we give credit! :D

Just thought Id point this out. A freind of mine works with this guy, Landon Fuller, who is working to produce patches for as many of the MoABs as possible, until vendor supplied patches are available. Also sprung up as a result of his efforts at the start is a google MoAB Fixes group that is working together to help patch these. Their patches are runtime patches, without guaruntees but no modification of any files.

I have QT 7.1.3. When you say "depends on which version" do you mean the version of hacked OS X? Any idea as to which components are the key ones?

In hardware overview I have:

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: ACPI

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: NT94510J.4034.2006

• 4 weeks later...
can i download this security update on my hackintosh without screwing anything up?

Yes. It's only a QuickTime update.

If you have an AMD hackintosh, do NOT install 2007-002. But 001 is fine on any system.