Vista on a MacBook Pro via Bootcamp

Soner

5 posts in this topic

First of all, excuse me for my english, but i'll try to do my best.

I got a MBP C2D 2.33GHZ, and i want to install the final, not beta, version of Windows Vista Entreprise. Looks like there is a problem with that, if i understood correctly, after the installation of Vista, it is impossible to get back to OSX.

What is the point now with the final version ? Can i rely on Bootcamp for install Vista and switch easily between the two OSes, or i need to follow a step by step in order to have everything working correctly ?

Thanks for your help.

Vista will work without any problems on Boot Camp.

Run the Boot Camp wizard, and partition the hard drive. When it tells you to insert a Windows XP install disc, insert the Vista disc instead and reboot the computer. It should install with no issues; just make sure you select the partition you created in Boot Camp.

You will have some driver problems until Apple releases Vista-compatible drivers for its hardware, but Vista is very usable.

To return to Mac OS, just hold down the "option" key when you reboot your computer and select Macintosh HD from the menu which appears.

And your English is very good. If you didn't say so, I would think you spoke it natively.

MacFUSE is an excellent piece of software. No issues with it thus far.

http://code.google.com/p/macfuse

You may also need to compile NTFS-3g in order to get a NTFS volume to mount. I'm not sure if their newest package installer contains it or not.

EDIT: It doesn't, but you should be able to find a decent package installer in the last page of this forum thread on AppleNova within the next couple days. Those guys have been working overtime to make installation of this stuff easier for us, the end users.

Edited by ErBiC