Hibernations problems with Macdrive

0rca

2 posts in this topic

I am using Macdrive and had a corrupt Mac partition twice until identifying Macdrive as the source of the problem. I simply disabled write access within MacDrive and live with that solution ever since.

After a few months of using everything just fine I decided to pay attention to my non-working hibernation mode. After a lot of trying and poking I stumbled over MacDrive again by chance. I just wanted to update it and therefore uninstalled it first. Then toying around with the latest Parallels Beta and switching back and forth between Parallels and BC I discovered that hibernation worked again. I installed the newest version of MacDrive and voila, hibernation doesn't work anymore. When I want to enable hibernation, it simply says "preparing hibernation mode" (translated, I'm German) and stays there forever. No way to get out of this or return to XP, so I have to hard-reset the Macbook. Simply disabling MacDrive is enough to make hibernation work again.

Now, I've been looking around for anybody else with this problem, but could't find anything on it anywhere. Does anyone have any clue why this could be? I guess most people here use MacDrive in combination with a BC installation and many people also use hibernation, so am I the only one with this problem?

Any idea?

• 4 weeks later...

-bump-

Is nobody using Macdrive AND hibernation or am I really the only one with this particular problem?

Any comment would be much appreciated, even "working for me" or sth. like that, as I can then think about other solutions....

Thanks