Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Goes Universal

curlyboy

4 posts in this topic

id Software programmer Timothee Besset recently updated his .plan file with the release announcement of a Universal Binary update for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. The free stand alone online multiplayer game offers players the chance to participate in multi-level WWII campaigns, choosing from one of five classes and arming themselves with a variety of weapons.

I've been putting that build together as a side project for a while now, and it was time to get it out. I'll watch for feedback and fix showstoppers (if any). The client will work against the official ET 2.60 servers running etmain/, and PunkBuster is included.

I hope ETPro and other major ET mods out there can update and support the new Mac client soonish. Meanwhile you may have a bit of trouble finding servers that will accept this new client (the best approach may be to use qstat and filter for servers running etmain/, I haven't found a good third party server browser for OSX at this point)

I updated the SDK (there are very little changes to the source), in which you'll find XCode projects to compile the universal binaries of ui, game and cgame.

There. I hope that kicks off a GREAT year for the Enemy Territory franchise :-)

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/finger.pl...=20070115181957