Prey Demo

cyclonefr

14 posts in this topic

After reading your post i decided to go download prey demo just to check it out and i must say what a game for opengl graphic detail is excellent and gameplay is so smoothe i had everything on high detail at 1024 x 768 and was really good ran no problem.

As to it quitting on you i have no ideas and as for check im not sure

nvmd, that readme is bogus for sure.

Made it working on my rig, but as all Doom3 engine games, without any sound :)

For anyone who wants to make it working, just copy yout quake4config.cfg and rename it to preyconfig.cfg...

For me runs, fine without any issue, as for the performance I must say that isn´t very optimized yet, I have a Core2duo at 2.5Ghz and Geforce 7900GT, and with everything at max settings at 1024x768 it runs fine but if I activate 4xAA runs between 20 and 40 fps, with the same settings at 1280x1024 with 4xAA quakeIV is always at 60fps.

I hope the release version will be better.

I hope your right m8 But personally ive been running ut2004 on xp vista and osx just as a simple test so to speak and out og the 3 os`s i must say osx gives worst performance with opengl , Opengl for osx isnt anywhere near on par with opengl vista or xp i think its apples opengl that needs the tweaking really

Prey is considerably more system intensive than Doom 3 or Quake 4. From what I've seen in the PC demo, you're looking at higher geometry and texture detail, as well as more detailed physics than either D3 or Q4. On a C2D E6300 and Radeon X1800XT I ran it at 1280x1024 pretty well.

EDIT- demo works fine on-

C2D E6300

Gigabyte GA965P-S3 motherboard (ALC-883 based Azalia audio)

2.5GB PC4200

Radeon X1800XT

1600x1200 was a little slow at times (everything enabled but AA and shadows (both huge performance hogs) but 1280x1024 was fine.

Edited by OMX-Knuckles

OS X has already been through 5 major updates, and OpenGL still hasn't gotten fixed, so don't hold your breath.

btw, the sound in Doom 3 works with OpenAL enabled, but why doesn't that work for Prey? I notice that when I restart the program, it defaults back to the standard audio. Could it be that OpenAL isn't implemented in Prey?