kkrull

Delete and Backspace Request

3 posts in this topic

A request for the next version: swapping the backspace and delete functions. I love being able to hold the fn key to get delete, but it would be even better if delete were actually delete and I could use the fn+delete key for backspace.

Excellent product.

Advertisement
A request for the next version: swapping the backspace and delete functions. I love being able to hold the fn key to get delete, but it would be even better if delete were actually delete and I could use the fn+delete key for backspace.

Excellent product.

Added to todo list.

Now that I have played with this for a while, I think the best way for users to do this is to use the Microsoft tool remapkey first to swap backspace and delete. That way the user can always ctrl-alt-delete even if input remapper is not loaded yet. I have this working perfectly with input remapper now. My preferred setup...

fn+f11 keys = printscreen

eject key = backspace

fn+eject keys = eject

delete key = delete

So since input remapper already does this well, I would shift my vote to being able to "undo" input remapper mapping and even remapkey mapping for an external keyboard. I know its already on your list. Great utility.

Edited by kkrull