ATI Alpha Driver & Source

JaS

190 posts in this topic

thanks for the understanding. me and some other users from #osx86.deep tried everything, hacking every ati kext and their bundle kexts but everything rendered the system unusable (kernel panic!)

but well, it's a good sign that some older cards work, maybe 10.5 will finally support all ati cards.

thanks for the understanding. me and some other users from #osx86.deep tried everything, hacking every ati kext and their bundle kexts but everything rendered the system unusable (kernel panic!)

but well, it's a good sign that some older cards work, maybe 10.5 will finally support all ati cards.

Haha... let's pray for it ;-)

But... I cannot get my kext loaded for my 9200 >< well... I'l ask again in IRC or wait somebody explains it here.

It's all about graphic cards... they give problems in Windwos, OSx86 ans Linux... why they fail in ALL systems?

...*sigh*...

good work :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is excellent work! i'm glad things got worked out, as the first pre and alpha stages are the hardest on a project. Jas has done an excellent job in single handedly getting the ball rolling, and kept it rolling with his i'm leaving now tactic, it's worked before for other projects and it worked again. last time i looked at X86 things were fairly borked, good to see some positive results. Cheers guys, and good luck with keeping the project rolling.

Hi, anyone have notice about compatibility with x700 mobility radeon?

With the new 10.4.4 osx86 the widescreen resolution must be present,on Macbook resolution is 1440x900, i'hope that new driver are implemented yet ,in fututure prospective for new powermac and various graphics card added..... :happymac: sorry for my english...

What u think about this?

What extra functionality does a successful installation of this driver bring? I have my Mobility Radeon 9800 running under 10.4.3 with 1280x1024x32, Core Image and Quartz Extreme. The only thing i want is to bump my resolution up to 1680x1050.. does this driver support that?

Edited by prince2k

Hi all,

10.4.3 stock ATI Drivers are great and all, but I have a 9200 card. I'm new to OS X, but not to pragramming, so if someone could give me some info, I could probably hack the JaS driver a bit to support 10.4.3. What exactly is the difference between 10.4.1 and 10.4.3 that's keeping this from working? If no one's figured that out exactly yet, maybe someone could point me in the direction of some docs I could read?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Tipo: Controlador compatible con VGA

Bus: PCI

VRAM (total): 128 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x5960

ID de la revisión: 0x0001

Pantallas:

Pantalla:

Resolución: 1024 x 768

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

:)

Excuse me, I tried to work a little to write a framebuffer driver but i didn't understand where to do the card initialization, in start() or enable_controller() ???? Anyway i tried to download from cvs the latest source for clues but sourceforge tells me "end of file" and doesn't gimme a thing.

Can you help me to download the source? What's wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

... and I want 1 million dollars and 10 naked women right now ! ;)

It didn't work.

Omni's currently writing a framebuffer for ATI cards which will allow to change res and frequency. Until he releases it, you'll have to stay with a distorted 1024*768.