Hello, need just a bit hof help

Pwn*

10 posts in this topic

Hey, im an old mac user i have used mac for about 10 years or so and i would realy LOVE TO PUT OSX On MY PC so i decided to folow your guied on how to do it

ive been trying to do it for 1 week now and have had little luck :blink::blink:

i would perfer help over msn , my msn is md9173@hotmail.com but if you are to mean and lazy and want to make me mad because its already taking more time than it should heres my first problem

Step 1: Create a new partition

- Install Partition Magic. You can also use another program, but I prefer Partition Magic because the risk of losing data is almost zero.

- Resize a partition so that you have at least 7 GB of unallocated disk space. If you want a disk bigger than 7GB, make more unallocated disk space, but remember: The disk will be (unallocated space)-7 (so it is not possible to craete a disk of 10GB with 10GB unallocated space, for a disk of 10GB you need 17GB unallocated (don’t worry, you can put the 7 gb later on back to your C: partition)).

- Exit partition Magic.

- Go to ‘Start > Run’ and type ‘Diskpart’. Click ‘OK’.

- Type in ‘list disk’ > ’select disk (number of your disk)’

- Type in ‘create partition primary size=6660 id=af’

- Type in ‘list partition’

- Now you should see your old partition and a 6.6GB partition with an unnown filesystem.

i made an 8 gig partition, the when i get to

- Type in ‘create partition primary size=6660 id=af’
it says "Diskpart was unable to create the specified partition" so that is my first problem please get me on msn so you can give me a breif walkthrough if not give me a walk down here wich will take longer

It is much, much easier for a novice to get the Generic release 1 patched BOOTABLE DVD. Read the readme.rtf on that and follow the simple direction. It is not much harder than installing WinXP.

You will have a much easier time with a blank harddrive and the appropriate Intel setup (see url below).

well a balnk hard drive ins not possible for me because i just bought this 300 gig hard drive so unless i can get my old 12 gig drive working or get a converter for my skuzzy drive its not possible because i am not willing to spend any more money then i already have this last month also which link below and i am downloading generic install but its .01 % done and has been downloading for 3 hours only 1 meg >_< could ya give me a link to maby a diffrent torrent heh

balnk hard drive ins not possible for me because i just bought this 300 gig hard drive

It is dangerous to run OSX disk utility (or any partition utility) with a HD full of data you hold precious. There is always a chance you can wipe out every thing. Consider a full back up before you proceed.

heh dude as you already read in my first post I ALREADY MADE the partition heh soo umm i dont need to anymore and nothing bad has happenend and since its 1 week old there is not much on it that i couldent get back in a day besides of cource the image for tiger >_> so please give me help with the part i am stuck at!!!

Take it easy dude, it is not unreasonable to suggest to someone to do a backup :(

You haven't yet created a partition usable by dd and the deadmoo image.

You also didn't state what else is on your HD, there is a limitation of 3 or 4 primary partitions available on a HD.

Finally this is actually a Windows question:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;300415

For example, to create a 400M primary partition on the first disk in your system, use the following Diskpart commands:

list disk

select disk 0

list partition

create partition primary size=400

sorry for putting 2 words in all caps if it felt like i was screaming at you i was just trying to kinda make thoes words stand out

anyway please re read my first post because you aint helping me because it says i did that and i got a f'd up error

Please read more carefully on the subject of disk partitioning. You are not following the direction properly.

1. You were supposed to create a 7 GB or so of FREE SPACE, not a partition, with Partition Magic. This is because PM doesn't do the type of partition needed by OSX86 (type AF)

2. That is why the instruction said to use WinXP diskpart to create an AF type partition.

You need to go back and delete the blank partition with PM and make it a free space (make sure you erase the right one).

There are also several limitations to how many primary partitions you can have on a HD and also WinXP without SP1 cannot deal with HD over around 127GB properly and you may get diskpart errors.

:( HELP ME PLEASE {censored} {censored} {censored},

Step 2: Copy yout tiger-x86 image over the partition.

- UnRAR ‘dd for windows’ in the directory containing the tiger-x86 image.

- Go to Start > Run and type in ‘cmd’. Hit ‘OK’.

- ‘cd’ to the directory containing your tiger-x86 image.

important: Stop here if you have to go to sleep in about 20 min. The following step can take up to an hour! (you can stop and continue from this point tommorow)

- Type in: dd if=tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\PartitionX bs=512 skip=63 (IMPORTANT: Change the X after ‘partition’ to the partition number of the partition you just created (the 6.6GB partition with the unnown filesytem)). If you get an error you entered the wrong partition number.

- Now you need to wait (this can take 10 min or 2 hours, just let your PC rest and get some coffee).

i did that and when it restarted i got a damn error it sayssomething like partition error and it wont even start up into windows HELP ME please i am desprate :angry: please help PLEASE