jalavoui

Intel Wireless driver

3,992 posts in this topic

ntfs-3g script (replace in System/library/filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs) for correct ntfs chars display

can someone from iwidarwin put this in the download session? i'm unable to upload it there

Done. In the Download section and also marked Featured.

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

Sorry, been busy at work and sick - not really a good combo...

Jalavoui, PM me with current function() probs and general todo list. I have time this weekend.

:censored2:

Advertisement

sorry again for not being here for last couple days...

had a lot going on the last week so i didn't have much time working on this project.

anyways i got to do a little work this weekend and have implemented the "sort by signal strength" feature everyone requested.

i won't release it yet since it isn't that big of an update, i am trying to see how can we implement secure networks in the iwi2200, if i can't make it work by the end this week (19.7) i will release it as is...

as you all know, this is the only missing feature on the iwi2200 driver and i really want it to work already.

one more thing, this one goes to those who wish to create a logo (JSN1) please contact me either by pm or on messenger (asaf_algawi@hotmail.com) or icq (8 2 9 7 9 2 0 5) ) and i would be happy to include your logo.

i won't release it yet since it isn't that big of an update, i am trying to see how can we implement secure networks in the iwi2200, if i can't make it work by the end this week (19.7) i will release it as is...

as you all know, this is the only missing feature on the iwi2200 driver and i really want it to work already.

you'll have to convert the ieee80211 lib to mac os x - can take some time

but the most important thing is to test the result. i don't have 2 wireless machines but i can help on the code write :D

did you check the nsGUI i've posted? i think there's a problem with the 0x30 hack that causes kernel panic

iwi3945 rev 407

i'll try to force the driver to start scanning - it's about time

if this crashes please post the picture of the kernel panic

.javi,

can you run a test with the -s option

if i can get a picture of the kernel panic i might find out where it crashes

ttorok,

can you post a picture of the kernel panic you get?

Airfly,

can you check the bg_alive_start()?. maybe there's another way to call ipw_scan()

if it's called in the right place maybe the driver can start scanning

I'll check it, Jalavoui

current logs of rev 407 ,iwi3945

boot with -s and call networkSelector, kernel panic after display the end of 3 line below:

Tunable channels: 11 80211bg, 13 80211a channels

ieee80211_register_hwmode

ieee80211_prepare_rates

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.txt

ttorok,

can you post a picture of the kernel panic you get?

Yes, picture attached:

PS: a stupid question: how do you mean "call" networkSelector? When I try to run it I got the message: Could not get ID for kernel control. 2.

Thanks.

post-83066-1179079646_thumb.jpg

to ttorok, when you have "Could not get ID for kernel control" it means your iwi2100.kext is not loaded into memory yet. you can try to load iwi2100.kext before you run networkSelector. you can use "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/iwi2100.kext" or "sh /etc/rc" I think.

jalavoui, great work on nsGUI ! you have improved it alot, it is much more user friendly now.

i shall carry on from that version.

and about the kernel panic, it happned on the terminal app as well...

it is something in the driver itself, needs more research.

to ttorok, when you have "Could not get ID for kernel control" it means your iwi2100.kext is not loaded into memory yet. you can try to load iwi2100.kext before you run networkSelector. you can use "kextload /System/Library/Extensions/iwi2100.kext" or "sh /etc/rc" I think.

Ok, but when I try to load the kext I get kernel panic so there is no chance to run NS at all...

So at first kext has to be loadable to try NS option 1.

PS: wlan led on my notebook is ON so driver handles my hw but panic stops the process unfortunately.

thanks.

Airfly,

can you check the bg_alive_start()?. maybe there's another way to call ipw_scan()

if it's called in the right place maybe the driver can start scanning

Could not get the ipw_scan. If it try, finaly aborted scan due to RF Kill activation in function ipw_scan_initiate().

if set ipw_bg_alive_start() in function enable(), then got card is not valid (priv->card_alive.is_valid != 1)

Could not get the ipw_scan. If it try, finaly aborted scan due to RF Kill activation in function ipw_scan_initiate().

i think that the problem is with RF Kill activation

can you try to hack the iwi3945.cpp as i did for iwi2200 (radio 0x30 hack)

as long as the driver report the RF Kill it will never work

iwi2100 rev 408

can someone post the picture of the kernel panic tested in a place where there's no networks around to scan/connect?

iwi3945 rev 409

hack in ieee80211_prepare_rates()

Airfly, you should check this

I would very much like to help with getting the 3945 driver working properly.. I have experience with c++, and a copy of Xcode... is there anything that i can do to help?

I would very much like to help with getting the 3945 driver working properly.. I have experience with c++, and a copy of Xcode... is there anything that i can do to help?

Well, my main problem when using this now is that when the driver loads, I get a message saying that the radio has been turned off....any ideas?

you'll have to convert the ieee80211 lib to mac os x - can take some time

but the most important thing is to test the result. i don't have 2 wireless machines but i can help on the code write :)

why would you need 2 wifi machines to check ?

anyways my university (BGU RULES !!!!) just switched their wifi equipment so at the moment we have 2 networks, one open with VPN and one with WPA so i'll be able to check this stuff...

never tried porting a lib, could be fun (or not :) ), what exactly do we need to port, the entire ieee80211 stack source or just the crypto files ?

can you be more specific on what exactly needs to be done ?

say we port the lib, how do we test it ? how do we join it to the iwidarwin files ?

can't we just add all functions about crypto to the driver, change what needs to be changed inside the network reckognition process so it would function properly with secure networks ?

since my hopes to finish secure networks thingy before the weekend will only remain as hopes, i'll upload newer builds of nsGUI, now with sort by signal (currently shown as integer, soon will change to some kind of visual signal or something like that) and dock icon. splash screen will be in the next build.

nsGUI binary: nsGUI.zip

never tried porting a lib, could be fun (or not :) ), what exactly do we need to port, the entire ieee80211 stack source or just the crypto files ?

i've tryed that long posts ago - make it compile only - not work

we just need to copy functions from ieee80211 to iwi2200.cpp

the nsgui will need to have suport for enter a password for secure nets

there are several encryption methods - don't know wich to choose from ieee80211 - maybe all.

there's a issue with scanning:

- the driver can detect a secure network (need to add a column to ngui to identify the network type)

- if mode=adhoc the association can fail

i find out some time ago a scure network with no password for login - need to handle this case to

there are several ways to go, maybe you can try to write some code that works for your network

after that we can think on other networks

if you have 2 wireless machines and a router you can setup custom secure networks - this will help developing the driver

Airfly,

can you check the scan functions? do you know if they're scanning - maybe need to add code from iwi2200 to get scan results

yes, you can try to debug the driver - check the bg_alive_start() function

Well, my main problem when using this now is that when the driver loads, I get a message saying that the radio has been turned off....any ideas?

i'd like to hack the radio as i did for iwi2200...

you can try to go to windows, power the card on and reboot to mac os - this sould keep the radio on

Could not boot into OS X with the latest iwi2100...

boot with -s option and post a picture if you get a kernel panic

OK...I think I may have just answered my own question by slowing down and reading.

I am running 10.4.6

I don't have WLAN support yet, right? I will need to get 10.4.7 or better, right?

ugh....I want a newer version, I just can't find one to save my life.