jalavoui

Intel Wireless driver

3,992 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Does anyone knows howto get rid of "kernel[0]: iwi2200: found 1 networks" in system.log?

I have this message every 3 sec. I'm seek and tired of it :)

Thanks

Russ

If you have xcode you can remove the comment from #define IWI_NOLOG and comment out #define IWI_WARNERR iwi2200.h. You will of course have to download the source from google code and build it yourself.

If you do this, your logs will obviously be of no use to the developers.

:)

Advertisement

Hey guys

Browsing around for some ethernet kext, I came accross a chinese website with several macosx86 files, including a "iwi3945.dmg" file.

I was wondering if that file was the same which is being worked on on this forum, or another release which might work?

The URL is : http://www.stiffyfoto.com/files/mac/

Hey guys

Browsing around for some ethernet kext, I came accross a chinese website with several macosx86 files, including a "iwi3945.dmg" file.

I was wondering if that file was the same which is being worked on on this forum, or another release which might work?

The URL is : http://www.stiffyfoto.com/files/mac/

it different than on iwidarwin

it sorta gets farther than th other ones on mine

try it on yours

the iwi3945 dmg package from chinese site installs another ethernet port, but it doesnt install as a airport, but seems to work ok :)

josh

i installed it but it messed up my computerit would not go past the blue screen (the one after it says mac os is loging in)Im scared to reinstall itanyoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nope, the package installed perfectly, it shouldnt screw your system, just login to -x and fix it :(

the iwi3945 dmg package from chinese site installs another ethernet port, but it doesnt install as a airport, but seems to work ok :)

josh

Holy {censored} batman!! Are you saying that this will enable my 3945 wireless to be seen as another ethernet port? If that's the case...woohoo!!!

P.S. if someone who has it working could post a quick how to, that would be great!

err. if it installs another ethernet port how the hell are you connecting to a wireless network?

does airport function at all? maybe post a screenshot as proof?

err. if it installs another ethernet port how the hell are you connecting to a wireless network?

does airport function at all? maybe post a screenshot as proof?

The Ralink RT2500 wireless card in my wifes PC had a driver created that made Mac OSX think it was another ethernet card, it connected wirelessly just fine (wasn't seen by mac or it's programs as airport rather a 2nd ethernet connection), and was operated through the utility.

So it is possible but let's see some confirmation without a kernel panick!

Well I can confirm that the .dmg image from that website makes the Intel 3945ABG chip detectable as a second ethernet card (seen in attached screenshot).

As far as I can tell, it's correct - it has the correct MAC address present in the network configuration screen, all I need to do now is somehow connect it to my network. Somebody mentioned a "Utility" - any ideas?

Many thanks,

MaidenFan

post-107244-1184892694_thumb.jpg

// Edit: I've just downloaded the RAlink USB Wireless Utility - which is what I think people have been referring to - and it doesn't detect the 3945 out of the box. I'm not sure what to do next - and I'm not going to go messing about with kexts until I know what I'm doing - so I'll leave it there for the time being :P

I started a new topic about the chinese driver so we don't hijack this development thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=57646

Thanks, Kevin.

As a side note for everyone, judging by the rest of the files listed on that site, as well as the dates on the files, I'd bet my right nut that the 3945 driver on that site is a direct product of the people of this forum. I.E. - It is a repost of our ~ver.320 driver, and not their work in any form. Also, all of your reports of the working/non-working status of that driver directly correlate to the posts in this topic circa April 2007.

But you guys go have fun. See you back here in a few days.

;)

Thanks, Kevin.

As a side note for everyone, judging by the rest of the files listed on that site, as well as the dates on the files, I'd bet my right nut that the 3945 driver on that site is a direct product of the people of this forum. I.E. - It is a repost of our ~ver.320 driver, and not their work in any form. Also, all of your reports of the working/non-working status of that driver directly correlate to the posts in this topic circa April 2007.

But you guys go have fun. See you back here in a few days.

:hysterical:

haha, thanks joe and we thought we were on to something big here!!

Good luck with the finishing of this driver!

haha, thanks joe and we thought we were on to something big here!!
I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I didn't want you to get all your hopes up either.

I did appreciate your enthusiasm, though. :D

My other thought was this:

Let's say it was a different project. If you found a problem with that driver or wanted some additional functionality, how were you going to convey that to them? :blink:

;)

just a quick question, i have an idea that might solve some people's wireless problems. now, dont get me wrong, i am a total supporter of this development and its drivers. but for some people, myself included, there are hardware issues. here is my idea. i have an older apple airport card, not the airport express, just the regular airport. this type of card has the ability to fit in a laptop's pcmcia slot. now, to function normally, that is inside of an apple ibook, the card must have the power plug plugged into the top, similar to the 3945 card. would it be possible to take a usb cable, splice it so that it only has the power ability, and rewire an airport power plug onto it? its just a thought. when i get back to work on monday, im going to try it. I have started another topic, here, on this subject as well.

I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I didn't want you to get all your hopes up either.

I did appreciate your enthusiasm, though. :D

My other thought was this:

Let's say it was a different project. If you found a problem with that driver or wanted some additional functionality, how were you going to convey that to them? :blink:

;)

Well I was actually considering video taping myself doing charades and hand signals, maybe drawing a bit, and then emailing the video to him or have me talk in English and find someone to do a voice over in Chinese kind of like in the kung fu movies.

Well I was actually considering video taping myself doing charades and hand signals, maybe drawing a bit, and then emailing the video to him or have me talk in English and find someone to do a voice over in Chinese kind of like in the kung fu movies.
I think you might be onto something there :huh:

Hello,

I tried the driver for the 4965AGN and got no error message however since there are no unsecure network at job, I can't really try it.

I could drop a codec dump if that's of any use but someone would have to remind me the line since I have only done it once to make my sound card work.

cat /proc/?/card1/codec#0 ?

Anyway, you guys are doing a very good job, much respect.

DWL-G122 dlink usb wifi, got it yesterday and working really well...search the forum for a really good topic with the modified ralink drivers and the REPLUG driver too so that it gets detected automatically each boot....working really well now, posting off it

DWL-G122 dlink usb wifi, got it yesterday and working really well...search the forum for a really good topic with the modified ralink drivers and the REPLUG driver too so that it gets detected automatically each boot....working really well now, posting off it

The topic for the DWL-G122 is here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=27919

Thank you for the advice youngi!!! :thumbsup_anim::D