Bluetooth is being a hoe.

sadiekiller

7 posts in this topic

So I got a new phone, and I love it, and yea. It has bluetooth, but the only bluetooth module for a computer I can find is made to work with macs. Now every mac in my house save one has bluetooth, but bitpim just doesn't like OS X, so i cannot add my own ringers. I tried to get this bluetooth module to work on my windows machine, but no dice, I need some security code that is lost in the wastes of cd's i never used and manuals i never looked at. It is a D-link DBT-120 Rev B3. As far as i can see there is no way around that security code except to use it with a mac, but thats no help.

SO if anyone knows how to get around that or maybe how to get bitpim to play nice with macs, then i would very much appreciate it.

i tried using all 0's but then it denies that the bluetooth device is even pluged into the computer, so im kinda stuck on that end. I can use the Macs to connect to the phone, but Bitpim goes crazy and freezes up when I try to do anything to the phone. also, i cannot send files to the phone useing the built in bluetooth exchange, but i can get them off my phone. its odd. then again, the phone is verizon, so i cannnot expect anything to be easy.

use i have a vx8100 and the bluetooth is crippled. Make sure you set the phone as visible. When i try to set up my phone with my macbook, the mac tells me the code to punch in on the phone. Make sure you set it up from the mac and not from the phone.

go to bluetooth settings and make sure your phone is shown to all. (not hidden). pair it with your mac, then once you go into bitpim i=on ur mac choose the bt port (auto might work) in settings, and set the phone model to vx9800. it should work then. if not, check out howardforums.com. everything in existence for phones is there.

ok thanks dude. yea i figured i should probalby set it to the 9800 cuase mine isnt in there, but yea, i forgot to set it to dicoverable.