InsanelyMac Forum
celebi23

Mac OS X DP 2

I think my brother might have these discs laying around still, I'll see what I can do

(I KNOW he definitely had a pre aqua OS X at some point, because I remembered he said something along the lines of "I upgraded to the next version of the developer preview and it looks entirely different)

I also miss the old version of Classic...as well as the old finder =(

Advertisement
I think my brother might have these discs laying around still, I'll see what I can do

(I KNOW he definitely had a pre aqua OS X at some point, because I remembered he said something along the lines of "I upgraded to the next version of the developer preview and it looks entirely different)

I also miss the old version of Classic...as well as the old finder =(

Wow. This is great news :boxing: , I just hope you'd find those disc and I'm forever grateful.

sorry about takng so long on this, but my brother's wife is pregnant and is due in about 3 weeks, so this is really the last thing on our minds

Any update on this by any chance?

Wow this thread brings back memories. I still have my original CDs for Mac OS X DP1 and DP2. DP3 and DP4 I have lying on one of my HDs. All the DPs were horrid OSes, DP3 was the only interesting one as it was the first with Aqua. :D

Wow this thread brings back memories. I still have my original CDs for Mac OS X DP1 and DP2. DP3 and DP4 I have lying on one of my HDs. All the DPs were horrid OSes, DP3 was the only interesting one as it was the first with Aqua. :shock:

Is there any way you could upload all of the Mac OS X DP's to my hotline server? That way, I'll have Rhapsody DR1 & DR 2, Mac OS X DP 1-4 & Mac OS X Public Beta up there :tomato:

Is there any way you could upload all of the Mac OS X DP's to my hotline server? That way, I'll have Rhapsody DR1 & DR 2, Mac OS X DP 1-4 & Mac OS X Public Beta up there :thumbsup_anim:

whats the hotline server?

grabberslasher, thank you. I now am downloading DP1-DP4 & then putting them up on my server. Gonna mess around with DP 2 on my old iMac for a bit tomorrow. Will post some screens & info later

Darn. I just found this thread today. I have the CDs for DP2 in my CD case. lol. Let me know if you still need it.

I would love to get my hand on it too !

No one want to share it ?

I'm also looking for 10.1

I would love to get my hand on it too !

No one want to share it ?

I'm also looking for 10.1

10.1 is on puff the magic demon :P i still have not found dp2 or 3 anywhere

i still have not found dp2 or 3 anywhere

:huh:

Darn. I just found this thread today. I have the CDs for DP2 in my CD case. lol. Let me know if you still need it.

Ok, bad news. Sorry that I haven't responded to anyone's PM's about DP 2, been busy as ever with College. Essays, final exams & other projects. I had an HD crash and lost the DP 2 ISO file.

Might you still have the CD's? If there's anyone you could upload them to my Hotline server. Or, if you have an FTP server, that be awesome as well.

Sorry again for the lack of updates.

Sorry for the double post but, I thought it worth doing so. I finally got a hold on DP 2 again :D THANKS ResX!!! I was digging through the Finder.app resources & found early Aqua beta icons

MacOSXDP2BetaAquaIcons.png

Here's a zip archive with .icns versions, copy & paste versions & Mac OS Icon versions

Aqua_Beta_icons.zip

Enjoy!

My Hotline server should be up & running soonish. College internet connection being a bit iffy right now. Need to call Campus Tech Support tomorrow to try & get it straightened out.