which NVDANVX0Hal.kext to use?

jorgeinglessis

10 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have an Hp pavillion 5370 with an amd athlon 64 3000 processor, I finally Installed OSX 10.4.8 Using the Jas 10.4.4 that came with an updater to 10.4.6 and then updated to the Jas combo updater 10.4.8 beta9 after that y downloaded the exp6 version of the kernel. I'm having trouble installing geting Titan to work, I tried to follow some of the tutorials that says that one have to edit geforce.kext and NVDANVX0Hal.kext infos files, but I don't know which NVDANVX0Hal.kext to use so I edited and copied all 4 of them but my kernel panics at startup. I have a nvidia Geforce 4 440 Go. Please help me

Hi curlyboy, thanks for the reply, is your card similar than mine? how would you know that the file you use is the right for me too? can you attach your NVDANV30Hal.kext for me please?. Other questions: I'm noob, how can I post my system specifications in any message? thanks for your attention.

I don't know which NVDANVX0Hal.kext to use so I edited and copied all 4 of them but my kernel panics at startup. I have a nvidia Geforce 4 440 Go. Please help me

Editing all 4 kexts means that whichever one loads last is used for your video card. If it is the wrong one, then panic.

Here is how I think the editing should go: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=251855

I believe the GeForce4 MX 440 is an "older" card, so I think 10HAL is the one.

Edited by Rammjet

Thank you curlyboy, I will try natit_uni_1.0.pkg. I will have to install it using pacifist because my installer doesn't work, have you had that problem???. If I Use natit_uni_1.0.pkg do I Still have to copy the .kext files from the original apple update combo and edit them??

What to do is look through the NVDANV1xHal.kexts 1 by 1 and see what resembles your cards id when you find it simply add yours cards id in the correct 1 and see if that helps ya ....

might need to edit gforce.kext too

Edited by curlyboy

Well, I haven't had success yet, I know now that the .kext I should use is NVDANV10Hal.kext, but when I try to boot I get something like these:

kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV10Hal

I also use gentoo linux on this machine, and when I have to load the correspondent module which is the equivalent to .ktext files in linux I have to set this parameters:

nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=0

in the file that takes care of loading the modules.

Is there anyway I can set these parameters in any file like NVDANV10Hal.kext to make it work???

I also tried Macvidia drivers, and they seem to load ok, buy when I try to set the resolution to 1280x800 the system crashes.

I would appreciate any help!!!