ISO Image Creator (WIP)

32 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've created any apps but recently I decided to create an application to easily convert Mac OS X and macOS Installers to ISO format.

Here's the link to the application page and the app itself if you are interested:

ISO Image Creator.app

I hope you find it useful.

P.S.

Before using the app make sure that you eject all the USB installers from the system, specially if you want to create the same ISO file as the mounted USB installer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just A Suggestion, With The OS X Iso's Could You Delete 

The 10,00 Printer Drivers And 5000 Language Files,

Then It Should Fit On A Single Layer DVD

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Very nice app @Cyberdevs I tried it and got the below error. Where does it save the ISO file?

That's a bit weird because I've tested the app several times, but thanks for the report. I've increased the image size for macOS Ventura by 200 MB so if you download the app once more and test it I'll appreciate it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Just A Suggestion, With The OS X Iso's Could You Delete 

The 10,00 Printer Drivers And 5000 Language Files,

Then It Should Fit On A Single Layer DVD

For that you're gonna need to remove them from the Install OS X.app before creating the ISO image. This app doesn't tamper with the contents of the install.app at all but it's a nice suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

That's a bit weird because I've tested the app several times, but thanks for the report. I've increased the image size for macOS Ventura by 200 MB so if you download the app once more and test it I'll appreciate it. 

Same error

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@surenmunoo

I forgot to answer your question, the App creates all images on the Desktop. so you need to make sure you have at least 16 GB of free space on your startup disk.

Disk space is around 1.5TB so it would have enough space I guess

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Same error

Disk space is around 1.5TB so it would have enough space I guess

can you post the get info image of the macOS ventura you're trying to create the ISO image from? I need to see the size of the installer.

@surenmunoo

Thanks, I compared the Installers size and Ventura 13.4 (11.83 GB) is smaller than the version you are trying to convert (12.19 GB).

I changed the app and uploaded the new version, let me know if you still have the same issue.

Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@surenmunoo

Thanks, I compared the Installers size and Ventura 13.4 (11.83 GB) is smaller than the version you are trying to convert (12.19 GB).

I changed the app and uploaded the new version, let me know if you still have the same issue.

Thanks for your time.

and if you get the latest updated  Ventura 13.4 22F2073  is even smaller (only 10 gb) go figure

27 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

I'm guessing this isn't right 🙃

Nope that isn't right.

On two stages the app will show a window to give it access to the desktop which should be allowed otherwise it will fail. Did you allow the app to access the desktop?

4 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

and if you get the latest updated  Ventura 13.4 22F2073  is even smaller (only 10 gb) go figure

The smaller installer size doesn't matter, because when the image is created it uses a fix value for image size it will be ok but when it is larger than the predefined value it will end up in error.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Nope that isn't right.

On two stages the app will show a window to give it access to the desktop which should be allowed otherwise it will fail. Did you allow the app to access the desktop?

It never asked for any permissions.

1 hour ago, Shaneee said:

It never asked for any permissions.

Yeah I get the same error on Ventura. I'm currently on Monterey and I didn't test the app on Ventura (or did I, I don't remember lol) so I need to figure out why Ventura is blocking it. 😕

@Shaneee

I've tested the app on two systems with Ventura.

One of them is my KabyLake Rig which ran the application without any issues and it prompted me two messages:

Spoiler

First Prompt:

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 3.03.13 PM.png

Second Prompt:

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 3.03.20 PM.png

It added the app in Privacy and Security > Automation

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 3.05.41 PM.png

Second system is a 2013 iMac which I've installed Ventura using OCLP and it gave me the same error as you got.

My guess is SIP must have somehow play a role in that regard.

On my KabyLake SIP is fully enabled and on the iMac OCLP disables SIP to some extent that's why my guess is the SIP configuration.

17 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've created any apps but recently I decided to create an application to easily convert Mac OS X and macOS Installers to ISO format.

Here's the link to the application page and the app itself if you are interested:

ISO Image Creator.app

I hope you find it useful.

P.S.

Before using the app make sure that you eject all the USB installers from the system, specially if you want to create the same ISO file as the mounted USB installer.

Good job. Thx.

What is the purpose of creating an ISO file ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Good job. Thx.

What is the purpose of creating an ISO file ?

The ISO image is mainly used for booting virtualizing apps such as VMWare, Parallels Desktop and VirtualBOX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Silly Me Thinking To Burn To Dvd ;)

You can burn them to DVD tho,

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Is this similar to the Mist app?

I don't know about the Mist app. Never used it

11 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Of course not, but some of them can be burned on Dual Layer DVDs I guess. DVD-R DL can store up to 8.5 GB

Hence the post about getting Rid Of The Printer And Language Files And Probably Optional Apps AS Well

These Where On The Snow Leopard DVD, I Assume They Are On OS X Greater Than It

Id Better Leave Well Enough Alone, Nice App Though

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Hence the post about getting Rid Of The Printer And Language Files And Probably Optional Apps AS Well

These Where On The Snow Leopard DVD, I Assume They Are On OS X Greater Than It

Id Better Leave Well Enough Alone, Nice App Though

Thanks but as I mentioned earlier the app doesn't alter the installer.app file for any version of OS X or macOS it simply creates the ISO file from them, if you want to have a smaller installer image you can remove them from the installers and then create the ISO using the app.

• Like 1