Audio working well but mic doesn't working at all on ventura 13.2.1

Dany ModzTM

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a problem on my hackintosh with ventura 13.2.1: Mic doesn't work; all other things work perfectly except this.

I already tried all the layout id available for my codec and tried to patch with hackintool and audio works on every codec with bad quality except for layout id 66 and 71 but in none of the layouts the microphone works.

i even tried to make the ssdt-hpet patch for fixing irq conflict but no way.

I haven't tried VoodooHDA kext because I read that the sound with it is with bad quality.

Pc Model: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (4th Gen) with intel i7 8565u

audio codec: alc285

If anyone could help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it

EFI, IOREG and other dumps

Edited by Dany ModzTM

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:46 PM, Slice said:

VoodooHDA has better quality then AppleALC.

Personally, I've used it, and its sound quality was awful; too much tremble, too little bass, and it sounded generally compressed. AppleALC just patches Apple's kexts, so sound quality should be on par with Apple devices if you have good speakers. Though experiences vary from machine to machine and equipment to equipment, I guess.

• 10 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 3:57 PM, Visual Ehrmanntraut said:

Personally, I've used it, and its sound quality was awful; too much tremble, too little bass, and it sounded generally compressed. AppleALC just patches Apple's kexts, so sound quality should be on par with Apple devices if you have good speakers. Though experiences vary from machine to machine and equipment to equipment, I guess.

No, it was very old VoodooHDA having this bug.

13 hours ago, jaydengamer said:

I don't think he has Cirrus Logic audio.