[Pre-Release] macOS Ventura 13.2

Antonuccio
125 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

@eSaF where did you get the tool, "Sync OC" which can be seen in your screenshot?

https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools - There you go, sorry about the delayed answer, I only just noticed your post.

Also, now I understand your post (the notifications about login objects come up in the top right corner, sometimes 6 or 7 pieces) I must say I haven't noticed anything like that on my machine so I won't/can't dispute your findings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot friend @eSaF... I'll test it tonight.

Thema Ventura 13.X :

Today I installed Ventura 13.2 RC Build 22D49 on another partition, then used the migration tool to bring all the data from Ventura 13.1 over.

After that, I found that the problem with the persistent login item notifications seemed to be resolved.
There are now no more notifications that a login item was added.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 9:57 AM, eSaF said:

@MorenoAv - Hi had a look at your EFI Folder, didn't see anything misplaced apart from the HfsPlus.efi Driver which when tested with Ovalidate comes up as out dated. Whether that would cause you an issue or how much I don't know but worth looking into.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.48.48.png

Hi eSaF, How is your OC showing 0.8.9, When I update mine it shows 0.8.8 only

image.thumb.png.451ba173cd81b0925f8c7cba891d80e5.png

4 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Hi eSaF, How is your OC showing 0.8.9, When I update mine it shows 0.8.8 only

Because I opted for the Dev choice from the drop down menu to fetch pre-release or Nightly Builds which can also fetch the same in kexts

Spoiler

1870319042_Screenshot2023-01-21at21_27_51.thumb.png.faa279d0ed3606a70bf07520d9214060.png

. See attached.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 12:30 PM, eSaF said:

https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools - There you go, sorry about the delayed answer, I only just noticed your post.

Also, now I understand your post (the notifications about login objects come up in the top right corner, sometimes 6 or 7 pieces) I must say I haven't noticed anything like that on my machine so I won't/can't dispute your findings.

I loaded the OCAT from your link, but how do I get the program to run like in your photo, I mean the "sync" tool from the package I loaded.

Here is a forum from the OCAT master folder, how do I get to the "Sync" tool from there as in your photo ?????

OCAT-Master-15.1.2023.png

OK problem solved--- have theApp loading all ok.

Edited by AlfredoM

@AlfredoM - Ok lets start again, delete what you've downloaded (OCAT) so far, reboot and clean NvRAM.

Go back to the OCAT link I posted for you recently and follow the attached examples to get the latest prebuilt OCAT version.

Spoiler

825868484_Screenshot2023-01-22at16_17_39.thumb.png.e71fcd9ab7392abcd9d350002d2d6b1b.png759271347_Screenshot2023-01-22at16_20_11.png.95d70cbd9e07d8ee256ed34665621cb8.png

Once you've downloaded OCAT again, follow the posted pics showing OC 0.8.9, as simple as that.

Once OCAT is opened and it says OpenCore 0.8.9 (DEV) in the top left corner of the app, you're good.

Now use the Mount ESP Tab to mount EFI and use OpenCore to open config.plist, once opened click the Upgrade OpenCore and kexts tab and it's all self explanatory from there.

OK - I saw you solve the problem. 

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

The OCAT is perfect, have all errors except these:

Kernel->Patch[0]->Identifier contains illegal character!
Kernel->Patch[1]->Identifier contains illegal character!
Kernel->Patch[2]->Identifier contains illegal character!
Kernel->Patch[3]->Identifier contains illegal character!
Kernel->Patch[4]->Identifier contains illegal character!
Kernel->Patch[5]->Identifier contains illegal character!

as far as solved.

What has to be entered in identifier? see screenshot from OCAT

Thanks for help on this

Ohne Titel.png

Edited by AlfredoM

8 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

What has to be entered in identifier? see screenshot from OCAT

Thanks for help on this

I don't know, if all the values in the patches are correct have a look at mine albeit I only have one patch entry and where you have Zero (0), I have One (1).

See attached and change yours where it has all Zeros change them to One, reboot clean NvRAM and see if Ovalidate comes up clean.

Spoiler

1358214205_Screenshot2023-01-22at17_01_09.thumb.png.20c40a527dfd6a90b08181581c240c16.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I don't know, if all the values in the patches are correct have a look at mine albeit I only have one patch entry and where you have Zero (0), I have One (1).

See attached and change yours where it has all Zeros change them to One, reboot clean NvRAM and see if Ovalidate comes up clean.

Reveal hidden contents

1358214205_Screenshot2023-01-22at17_01_09.thumb.png.20c40a527dfd6a90b08181581c240c16.png

@eSaFChanging the counter from 0 to 1 did not change anything.

@antuneddu I don't know what's right now, do the patches (mine are responsible for the display port so I can see 4K on my Samsung 4K monitor) now have to be in the ACPI group or in the kernel patches group?

At that time I had a lot of trouble providing the image via DP on the Samsung 4K monitor.

I don't want to experiment much now (e.g. I could put the patches in ACPI patches for testing), but it may not work anymore.

And as I see it, these are only cosmetic error indications anyway.

Edited by AlfredoM

@AlfredoM - The logical thing to do is before you do any Experimenting or change anything, put your working EFI Folder on a bootable USB Drive, obviously making sure that you can boot off it then proceed to make the changes as you see fit.

• Like 2

Putting the patches in ACPI (previously in kernel group) is a complete success. Now absolutely bug free OC 0.8.8.
The Hacki will soon look better than my orig. with my new OC boot screen (see attachment). iMac mid 2020.

Thank for all Helpers here.

Screenshot-23.1_23.png

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

Putting the patches in ACPI (previously in kernel group) is a complete success. Now absolutely bug free OC 0.8.8.
The Hacki will soon look better than my orig. with my new OC boot screen (see attachment). iMac mid 2020.

Thank for all Helpers here.

Screenshot-23.1_23.png

:thumbsup_anim:

Having a working emergency bootable EFI always ready, as wisely said by eSaF .. you can make all the changes you want in order to improve the configuration ... you can always go back in case of problems

Spoiler

but are you sure you need it?

If you want, try disabling the renames you have linked now in the ACPI section ( chance GFXO ... HECI ... MEI ... to )
Because these renames / patches and many others are now handled by Lilu and WEG

" void unnecessary ACPI renames, all important ones are handled in WhateverGreen

• change GFX0 to IGPU
  • change PEG0 to GFX0
  • change HECI to IMEI
  • Etc

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/drm.html#testing-hardware-acceleration-and-decoding

As regards RTC_STA and External icon patch you can use the Quirks in Kernel : DisableRtcChecksum and ExternalDiskIcons

Spoiler

979921406_Screenshot2023-01-23alle11_09_38.thumb.png.2581a401dc81811fd1b11f021f5d5bcd.png

( Know that you are not forced by force 😉 )

11 hours ago, eSaF said:

When you Click on the Serial Number, it is hidden. :thumbsup_anim:

I didn't know ...  I've always used graphics software to hide the serial :hysterical:  ... tnx 

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello @antuneddu  I see that you really have a clue about OC, you are a real expert in it, a big praise for that !!

At that time I had a lot of trouble activating the display port, since I use a 4K Samsung monitor.

I don't know if many people use DP or just HDMI, with HDMI I think it's easier to patch the graphics options.

And what are the benefits of making your recommended changes?

I'm very happy at the moment that things are going so well. I'll have a look at your suggested changes in the near future.

I always have an emergency stick ready, as you say, so one can experiment without danger.

• Like 4