C2D MBP Mouse freeze when resuming from Standby

The Land of Smeg

10 posts in this topic

I put my MacBook Pro to standby, and then when I resume, the trackpad mouse freezes. I have to disable/enable it in device manager each time to get it moving again.

I think that it didn't do this before InputRemapper, but I'm not sure. I remember changing a setting to not turn off a certain USB device during standby that worked, but I have since formatted and can't reproduce that setting.

i have this problem too. I've installed vista on my black macbook. I manuall installed the drivers after expanding the driver install file. I've installed both Apple Trackpad and Apple Trackpad filter.

I have two finger scroll and two finger right click working in vista. Only catch is that when I go into standby the trackpad doesn’t work when I get back into windows.

I have to disable and re-enable the USD controller – “ Apple trackpad”, not the trackpad filter for it to work again. I wonder if this is related.

I had input-remapper installed but removed it because it didn’t work properly.

This sounds like the same problem. Anyone?

i have this problem too. I've installed vista on my black macbook. I manuall installed the drivers after expanding the driver install file. I've installed both Apple Trackpad and Apple Trackpad filter.

I have two finger scroll and two finger right click working in vista. Only catch is that when I go into standby the trackpad doesn’t work when I get back into windows.

I have to disable and re-enable the USD controller – “ Apple trackpad”, not the trackpad filter for it to work again. I wonder if this is related.

I had input-remapper installed but removed it because it didn’t work properly.

This sounds like the same problem. Anyone?

Are you saying that this problem is caused by Input Remapper? I thought that the problem was with the Apple driver and occurs irrespective of Input Remapper beeing installed. Also what problem did you have with Input Remapper in Vista? It should work fully in Vista now.

hey,

so i think the the problem was the apple driver. does input remapper have driver for the trackpad as well?

I reinstalled the latest version and IR is working like a charms. Its amazing.

thanks

the final problem is the trackapd. is there anyway to get it fully functional under vista?

• 1 month later...
the final problem is the trackapd. is there anyway to get it fully functional under vista?

Well, there is a hack. You can disable/enable it from the command line after waking your MacBook from sleep. The hack involves using devcon.exe and an automated task. I posted it here. I sure hope Apple releases a better driver, though...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, there is a hack. You can disable/enable it from the command line after waking your MacBook from sleep. The hack involves using devcon.exe and an automated task. I posted it here. I sure hope Apple releases a better driver, though...

I don't think this problem occurs when running the Apple drivers alone -- it's only in conjunction with Input Remapper. So it's unlikely they'll release a "better driver," I think.

• 1 month later...

This has been tested with my 15" MBPC2D only. Donwload Devcon, extract it and put it in C:\Program Files\Devcon\

Run my little app that's attached in this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=46666. What it does is monitors the system for a wake from standby or hibernation message and triggers devcon with the correct parameters for the 15" MBPC2D. Just add MBPtrackpadFix.exe to your Program Files>Startup folder and you're set. Just make sure that it is running when you go into Standby and/or Hibernation. It has worked flawlessly for me. Also, to speed up Hiberntation, make sure that you enable write caching for your Hard Drive in Device Manager. Let me know if you have any problems with the app.