Installing new macOS on unsupported hardware (OCLP patcher and others)

ruslan61
322 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2022 at 1:07 AM, Stefanalmare said:

@Stefanalmare

i tried your efi,It opens but unfortunately it stays on a black screen.😒

I don't know where am I doing wrong?

igpu settings in bios PEG, intel hd4000 enabled (64MHz),even in monterey 12.6 it boots with rx560..

My bios settings are ok, I changed hdmi ports,I waited for half an hour, apple logo did not appear..

thank you for your help good man

EDITED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ruslan61 said:

@Stefanalmare

i tried your efi,It opens but unfortunately it stays on a black screen.😒

I don't know where am I doing wrong?

igpu settings in bios PEG, intel hd4000 enabled (64MHz),even in monterey 12.6 it boots with rx560..

My bios settings are ok, I changed hdmi ports,I waited for half an hour, apple logo did not appear..

thank you for your help good man

And you don't gonna have light, because Polaris GPU need AVX2, no matter what you'll do. Change GPU or stay with HD4000 (but you'll have difficulties with every update). Look here:

"Graphics architectures that rely on AVX2.0 in Ventura:

AMD Polaris (RX400/500)

AMD Vega (48/56/64/VII)

AMD Navi (RX5000/6000)"

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998

Update! Reading more I found this:

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/1008

OCLP support Polaris if no AVX2 processor. But you'll have problem applying OCLP, because with Polaris you cannot login, and even if you install using HD4000, same it will not work until OCLP does his magic. In my rig with only IGPU HD4000, when I install or update Ventura I use an old AMD GPU (temporally enable CSM in BIOS), login, apply OCLP, remove GPU (restore only UEFI in BIOS), and it is working.

So, what I will do in your place:

1. Find an old GPU (NVIDIA, AMD) and install it like main. Put your Polaris in another slot. See if you need to enable CSM in BIOS to boot.

2. Install Ventura and pray for login screen.

3. Apply OCLP.

4. Remove the old GPU (enable just UEFI in BIOS) and switch Polaris in the main slot. If you arrive at this point, you're good to go.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 7

9小时前,PoMpIs说:

@Stefanalmare  

你能确认一下,在装有HD4000的笔记本电脑上,你是否会得到这样的吗:

316085039_Capturadepantalla2022-10-15alas20_18_15.png.6a6ecebdf9254b42b71d939a8b126b54.png

另一个问题......在文图拉,微型从未达到3300Mhz涡轮增压:

文图拉:

1382085336_Capturadepantalla2022-10-15alas20_19_29.thumb.png.610c026c126a2ba09dcb75117281e0dc.png

当我有蒙特雷时的旧捕获:

2089323864_Capturadepantalla2022-10-15alas20_25_23.thumb.png.4031bd8656e1a12ce2fee1c4b1c14798.png

这是在文图拉还是有解决方案???

干杯

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/964697a2c11f3f9c1ff6f0aa6919ba82200f1720

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/ventura-alpha/payloads/Kexts/Misc

CBF28A5F-13A6-468C-826A-2DF081352EE4.thumb.png.20f5a0e3ee9833392ef8ec72e75d5188.png

183DFEBE-7D03-4E03-AD25-DAF6ABEC33AC.thumb.png.bb775fb860b2c9ee6d2205f816caa98a.png

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, axonleo said:

Yes i had this kext from the beginning but turned out that i haven't activated it in the boot arg in op with boot flag ( -cryptbeta ) anyways now i have managed to instal ventura so happy :D but now the next problem is my gtx 680 is not working and maybe oclp havent made a patch for it yet.. im not sure but when i try oclp post install patch its showing nothing for this system ?

is there a fix or something else i can try to get the graphic working ? https://imgur.com/a/oZlrNbl

I use this version

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/3250950723

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Yes. I have AMD GCN, perfectly working with OCLP until today version.

Ok. I’ve my iMac 2015 at the Apple service so I can’t try OCLP these days. I haven’t read anything about it in GitHub or Discord yet. But yes on MR.

Have you downgraded to the previous OCLP? Maybe it doesn’t fix it. 

By the way, there is an user named StefanAM 🙂

@PoMpIs

Did you read the post by @RoberT_XeS?

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351969-pre-release-macos-ventura/?do=findComment&comment=2795307

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

When I tried it my lenovo T430 kept rebooting... 🤷‍♂️

But I like it better the way I have it with the 5T33Z0 patch... my laptop doesn't need anything else, neither SSDT-PM nor CPUFriend, nothing... just activate the patch and the laptop already has all the energy states active in Ventura .. It works very well 👍

Try the other method. Is better, I have also better bench.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Try the other method. Is better, I have also better bench.

I don't think so, this laptop is now giving what it gave in older systems with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement... And I tried that method yesterday and the laptop continuously restarts in a loop 

I can't ask for much more from this processor either, it's a two-core i5 3320M with turbo all core at 3.0Ghz and single core 3.3Ghz

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18003081

Today I generated a MacBookPro 9,2 smbios and it's going really well... Even iStat menus show all sensors and i can control the fan.

364928191_Capturadepantalla2022-10-17alas14_20_28.thumb.png.c52286a032d3db70374dedae2ac67f0b.png

I really like how it works now with MacOS ventura this old Lenovo 🤭

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

I am attempting to install Ventura on a Zotac-I92, which has an Intel i5-4570 (Haswell) CPU and Intel HD4600 IGPU.  I am running it with the SMBIOS for Macmini7,1. I have compiled OCLP 0.5.0 alpha and can get to the GUI.  Because I have OC already installed, the install OC option is greyed out.  When I try to install root patches, specifically the patch for Haswell HD 4600, it says that no patch is required.  When I try to install the public beta version of Ventura, it says that it doesn't meet the minimum specs (i.e., it's a Haswell computer).  I am trying to do this on a partition that is running Monterey 12.6.  Any idea why I cannot get OCLP to patch my system?

P.S. - Maybe it's time to open a separate thread or section for OCLP so that it doesn't get all mixed up with the prerelease for Ventura?

Edited by mnfesq

1 minute ago, Stefanalmare said:

Disable AppleXcpmExtraMSRS and the 5T33Z0 patch. Use just AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext and SSDT-PM.aml. It should work.

That's just what I did 🤷‍♂️  .... And lose the turbos 

• Sad 1

@Stefanalmare @PoMpIs @RoberT_XeS and people I can't remember now.

I think it's a good idea to open a thread for OCLP as @mnfesq says and go there for all things related to OCLP, the first person who posts about it can open a new thread in Developers Corner >> Bootloaders >> OpenCore >> OpenCore Legacy Patcher General Discussion (or OCLP General Discussion, I prefer the long name). What do you think? If this is done, it would be too much work for moderators to move there the last posts with OCLP subject? (sure it is a hard work).

@Stefanalmare

Just seen now, sync binaries 2 hours ago. Tell us if you can fix the login screen issue.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Stefanalmare @PoMpIs @RoberT_XeS and people I can't remember now.

I think it's a good idea to open a thread for OCLP as @mnfesq says and go there for all things related to OCLP, the first person who posts about it can open a new thread in Developers Corner >> Bootloaders >> OpenCore >> OpenCore Legacy Patcher General Discussion (or OCLP General Discussion, I prefer the long name). What do you think? If this is done, it would be too much work for moderators to move there the last posts with OCLP subject? (sure it is a hard work).

Good ideea.

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Just seen now, sync binaries 2 hours ago. Tell us if you can fix the login screen issue.

It is fixed with the help of @khronokernel. But I think is fair to let him to explain.

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

It is fixed with the help of @khronokernel. But I think is fair to let him to explain.

Of course, I've enjoyed following your conversation at Discord 🙂

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 12:18 PM, Stefanalmare said:

And you don't gonna have light, because Polaris GPU need AVX2, no matter what you'll do. Change GPU or stay with HD4000 (but you'll have difficulties with every update). Look here:

"Graphics architectures that rely on AVX2.0 in Ventura:

AMD Polaris (RX400/500)

AMD Vega (48/56/64/VII)

AMD Navi (RX5000/6000)"

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998

Update! Reading more I found this:

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/1008

OCLP support Polaris if no AVX2 processor. But you'll have problem applying OCLP, because with Polaris you cannot login, and even if you install using HD4000, same it will not work until OCLP does his magic. In my rig with only IGPU HD4000, when I install or update Ventura I use an old AMD GPU (temporally enable CSM in BIOS), login, apply OCLP, remove GPU (restore only UEFI in BIOS), and it is working.

So, what I will do in your place:

1. Find an old GPU (NVIDIA, AMD) and install it like main. Put your Polaris in another slot. See if you need to enable CSM in BIOS to boot.

2. Install Ventura and pray for login screen.

3. Apply OCLP.

4. Remove the old GPU (enable just UEFI in BIOS) and switch Polaris in the main slot. If you arrive at this point, you're good to go.

@Stefanalmare👏

Thank you endlessly.

opened ventura beta 10 with hd4000,I pacthed with oclp

my bios settings igfx primary,csm support always

KP in Monterey,ventura unstable?sometimes the screen freezes?

CPU not supported on rx 560 system won't boot

I guess I need to fine-tune

opencore 0.8.6 - imac17,1

thank you again for your help😀

Ekran Resmi 2022-10-18 19.02.03.png

Edited by ruslan61
  • Like 3

I just saw this thread.  Glad we're both working toward the same goal.  I have started another thread here which is specific to installing new versions of macOS on the Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia).  Good luck with your efforts!  I am sure we'll be learning from each other.

• Like 1

I'm going to update the Lenovo T430 to the ventura RC, let's see what happens😁

2070109923_Capturadepantalla2022-10-18alas20_10_39.png.b5b284e4be6a6c0b6c3487b18b9fb4cf.png

EDIT:  

Well, it went well, it has been updated to the RC version of ventura, I have applied OCLP0.5.0 again and it is working wonderfully 

1895437553_Capturadepantalla2022-10-18alas21_46_58.thumb.png.acd7876a4c4fd526c98bc29365928392.png

It's beautiful my new MacBookPro9,2 :w00t:

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

OCLP has ceased to be alpha tonight, it is already beta and enters a new phase of testing aimed at a larger number of users.

There is no more ventura-alpha branch, everything is in main.

What has been achieved so far is huge, you just have to read Changelog.md to check it.

• Like 3