[SUCCESS] Asus H81M-K + Intel Xeon E3-1226 v3 + AMD Radeon HD 7750 - MacOS Monterey 12.6.2 - Fully Working!

CloverLeaf

11 posts in this topic

Hello hackintoshers :) This is not intended to be an installation guide but rather sharing my feedback on hackintoshing hardware leftovers as my mom said.

A few words...

Long story short - old parts found in a box while cleaning my cabinets. I was not sure what is working and what not so I decided to give it a try. It's nearly 8 years old hardware but works great under MacOS!

Hardware

Motherboard:  Asus H81M-K 

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1226 V3 @3.3-3.7Ghz (no iGPU) + intel stock cooler

Socket: LGA1150

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz

GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate 1GB Fanless (1x DVI , 1x HDMI 1.4a , 1x DisplayPort 1.2)

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB

PSU: Fortron ATX-300PNF (to be replaced? - NO :)

CASE: Dispersed on the table (to be fitted in a new case soon) Segotep Prime-V

BIOS Settings

Enable:

EHCI Hand-off

Intel xHCI Mode

Sata Mode: AHCI

iGPU Memory: 64MB (if using iGPU only)

Execute Disable Bit

OS type: Windows 10 UEFI mode

Intel Virtualization

Disable:

Fast Boot

Secure Boot

Serial/Com Port

VT-d

Parallel Port

What is working?

Everything I tested!

Sleep, restart, shutdown

CPU - Speedstep and power management

dGPU - Fully working QE/CI , Metal support + audio over HDMI (radpg=15 used for propper GPU initialization) 

USB2.0 , USB3.0

Audio - ALC887 

LAN - Realtek 8111

What is NOT working?

So far everything is working correctly.

Not tested

iGPU - my CPU doesn't have iGPU so I am not able to test it.

MacOS Version

Current:

MacOS Monterey 12.6.2

Also tested:

Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur

OpenCore Version

OC 0.8.8

Additional Notes

Kext signing is disabled so I can use chris1111's web drivers for my TP-Link T3U adapter - https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

MacOS Monterey will only boot with model Macmini7,1 !!!

All other OS versions will boot normally with both Macmini7,1 or iMac15,1

Please generate your own SMBIOS! I use this tool - https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS

ENJOY :)

image.png.cb436aed275bdc9351d97b3ac21ad875.png

image.png.96220fa9cb5fc14abd6bc717ed2671f7.png

image.png.38e48cb4e64dd9aac36c9e3eea9846ec.png

image.png.0331cc1c0012e10f77c46b448cf20e54.png

1904082277_OC0.8.8.zip

Edited by Jazzoo
Update!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hey @Jazzooi am having also https://visiontek.com/products/radeon-7750-2gb-gddr5-5m-4x-hdmi-minidp?variant=40552997519509

My hardware is not Supported to UEFI so i configured as Legacy Opencore_No_ACPI_0.8.9, radpg=15 also injected through NVRAM, HD7750 initialise properly but after welcome bios screen its going blank i cant see Opencore boot Picker, while if i am using HDMI to VGA connector and use second hdmi than VGA monitor completely works with Opencore picker, after lots for searching i found Vbios decorder to see vbios configured ports, actually ports are configured as DP, and physical connecters are HDMI /miniDP, so basically i want to replace connectors using opencore patch but after lots of try / Errors i cant able to manage replace connector task my self, looking help for some experts here....

My first task is to work 4 Monitors on HDMI, Unfortunately i cant use native HDMI monitors to those ports, Works only HDMI to VGA 

Host HP Z800 Workstation 
CPU : 2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz

RAM : 48 RB DDR3 

MACOS : macOS Monterey Version 12.6.2 (Build 21G320)

SMBIOS : MacPro7,1

GPU : Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750/8740 / R7 250E] (No IGPU)

GPU Device id 0x683F1002

-Bootargs v keepsyms=1 -no_compat_check radpg=15

ioregistry & EFI Atteched here with 

FALSEimage.thumb.png.254c736f9bfdd74a961864202cc64a32.png

1658605270_HPsMacPro.zip EFI.zip

AMD Radeon HD 7700_GOP.gif

Edited by datafeedexpert
Added GPU-z image

• 2 weeks later...

@Jazzoo Nice work!  Sorry I didn't respond before.  Somehow, I missed the notification of your "ping."

@datafeedexpert  I don't have any experience with patching the ports of an AMD dGPU.  I see in your config.plist that you have a disabled kernel patch (below).  Without any experience and just guessing, that's how I'd attempt the patch.  I would also first attempt to get video working on the last version of macOS natively supported by your hack (a version that does not need '-no_compat_check') to eliminate variables.

HD 7750 Connector Patch

Spoiler

56738245_Screenshot2023-01-31at10_01_41PM.png.521c661e103f98ee7b17362ab542e890.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Jazzoo Nice work!  Sorry I didn't respond before.  Somehow, I missed the notification of your "ping."

@datafeedexpert  I don't have any experience with patching the ports of an AMD dGPU.  I see in your config.plist that you have a disabled kernel patch (below).  Without any experience and just guessing, that's how I'd attempt the patch.  I would also first attempt to get video working on the last version of macOS natively supported by your hack (a version that does not need '-no_compat_check') to eliminate variables.

HD 7750 Connector Patch

Hide contents

56738245_Screenshot2023-01-31at10_01_41PM.png.521c661e103f98ee7b17362ab542e890.png

@deeveedeethe above Connector patch was created by my self using old RAMPAGE guide but it was not worked so just disable it,,,BTW way I am unable to show Opencore boot Picker at any of the HDMI port , while if i use HDMI to VGA converter on first HDMI & native HDMI on second port then only i can show boot picker & after booted macOS i have to use only second native HDMI monitor otherwise both screens blank / flickering  

16 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Jazzoo - I was reading the specs of your rig and now I'm jealous.  I wish my hacks had an 'Excuse Disable Bit' !  :)

Haha freaking autocorrect! Thanks, fixed :)

17 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Hide contents

Thank you @deeveedee. It was really fun to play around with the old hardware. All the components can be found really cheap on ebay now. It's amazing how smooth it works, everyday tasks like browsing, music, documents just works great! I even did a short video edit in Adobe Premiere and Logic Pro X project with 26 tracks. It was so nice! I didn't see your message earlier.

I gave the computer to a friend of mine as a gift already so I cannot test stuff anymore, but if I can help with something just ping me! As I stated before GPU patching is something that I never did before and cannot help much :( Sorry...

PS - That's how it looked like after I put it in the case:

image.thumb.jpeg.1e4ed6529fa6ad73de1d1103a4592768.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.480d054960f43e587b5567988a091816.jpeg

Edited by Jazzoo
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Jazzoo said:

On 1/31/2023 at 10:37 PM,  deeveedee said: 

@Jazzoo - I was reading the specs of your rig and now I'm jealous.  I wish my hacks had an 'Excuse Disable Bit' !  :)

Haha freaking autocorrect! Thanks, fixed :)

@Jazzoo I liked your unedited post better! I think an 'Excuse Disable Bit' would be much more useful than an 'Execute Disable Bit!'  :)

• Haha 1

Quick update from a user reported to me that he used my EFI directly on his Asrock H81M-VG4 build and it worked right away with the latest MacOS Monterey 12.6.3. All usb ports recognized correctly, sleep/wake, audio, power management,  etc.

For those of you interested in the exact specs - he is using Intel i7 4770 and Sapphire RX 580 4GB. I helped him with some quick fixes. Old Asrock boards, specifically H81 has the annoying finnicky UEFI and often struggles to find the EFI. This was easily fixed with Linux Live USB using efibootmgr :)

Cheers!