Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
vicdan

7950GT 512MB on Mac pro

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Sorry for starting a new topic, but I am doped on on painkillers after an operation, and I am having trouble wading though all the disparate instructions available in various threads. A lot of them seem to be for running OS/X on non-Apple hardware, which is not my situation.

Can anyone tell me how close is Natit/Titan to supporting something like my BFG 7950GT 512MB video card on a Mac Pro? I am currently running my system with both the default 7300GT and the new 7950GT, one monitor on each, so that I can at least use it.

I installed the Netit 1.0 installer. The system boots, but my second video card doesn't work, even though it's detected apparently:

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=nVidia NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Starting.

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,EDID=<data not shown>

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,EDID=<data not shown>

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display

Dec 8 07:21:42 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=nVidia GeForce 7300 GT

I tried installing the latest Netit.kext from the sticky thread, and it only made things worse -- on the monitor attached to 7300GT I gOt the grey boot screen, then the blue splash -- and then the dreaded black screen. I reverted to the previous version of Natit.kext. DevID doesn't seem to be my problem, since Natit seems to detect my card just fine.

Given that I have a Mac Pro, and OS/X works fine otherwise, is there anything I can do now to get my 7950GT to work in OS/X, or is waiting for the next Natit release my only option?