Installing GPU

Martin Dobson

5 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Looking for some advice on how to setup my build which is just running intel graphics to accept an AMD HD 7770 gpu (my build is based on opencore). Can someone point me in the right direction on what I need to update/change to get it working.

Thanks.

Thanks, I think I will need to try this again another time as I think I will hit it with a hammer if I keep trying to get this to work :)

The issue seems to be at a bois Level, following the instructions you set your profile to "Windows 8/10" then disable CSM, but when I do this and reboot I get 5 beeps indicating a cpu issue, it seems to be getting confused with the internal gpu on the processor. If I take the GPU out it boots, if I put it in with but set the profile to other os and enable UEFI it boots with the gpu but won't get to the apple logo screen this is where I want to use a hammer...

Ok I've managed to get the gpu seen as a secondary display card, I've not added anything to the configs and it shows up in the system report as the correct gpu. All I did was set the default gpu in the bios to be the internal graphics and use the "windows 8 10 whql" profile.

If I set the gpu to be the default I have to do a hard reset on the bios as it doesn't like CSM being disabled?

Im struggling to locate anything to help with this, has anyone else had the same issue?

16 hours ago, Martin Dobson said:

it doesn't like CSM being disabled

Troubles booting when CSM disabled might indicate your AMD HD7xxx doesn’t have UEFI vbios. Check in Windows with GPU-Z.

In case you don’t have UEFI vbios see OpenCore Configuration.pdf. There is section 5.Booter and two links that might help resole your issue.

Spoiler

1154946998_ScreenShot2022-02-03at11_47_15AM.thumb.png.456b1016555a3700264ae506ae86a4f5.png

Edited by hardcorehenry