Trigger backup on Ethernet connect?

munky

2 posts in this topic

So I have my k-sweet setup as follows:

MacBook Pro (1.83Ghz CD 128Mb VRAM version, 1.5Gb RAM, 80Gb drive) running Aperture

Hackintosh (Intel D945GTPLR, Pentium D 920 (2.8Ghz), 1Gb RAM, 160Gb RAID mirror, GigE).

I use Aperture on the MBP, and use the RAID array to perform Aperture Vault backups. I only ever do this via wired ethernet (GigE) for speed.

What I want (and what I could have setup myself had Peripheral Vision been a uni bin) is that when I plug in the ethernet cable, the MBP should:

* Mount the volume RAID on the hackintosh

* Perform a full Vault backup

* Backup some other stuff, possibly with Martian Lifeboat, Chronosync or similar

As I said, I used to have a similar setup on my PowerBook G4 using Peripheral Vision, which could kick off AppleScripts when things were plugged/unplugged, but its not a unibin and that stuff is setup thru the preferences pane, which obviously doesnt work on an intel mac.

Any bright sparks out there know how this could be done? A major step would just be the automatic mounting of the RAID drive...

lol, wow.. i just found out that plasq (makers of comic life) have bought it and are preparing a unibin.

here's the beta: http://plasq.com/component/option,com_joom...,4663/catid,17/