[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

Hi :) ... I haven't played with hackintosh for a while now ...

But my wife has a Lenovo ideapad 520s that she no longer uses, and I have installed MacOS Monterey on it, it has been easy, and it works quite well.

Yq3UwFQ.png

But it does a very strange thing, when restarting MacOS, the keyboard stops working, you cannot enter the bios (f2 key), do not select the boot unit (f12 key), nothing, neither the lighting works, to to work again I must start in windows, or reset the bios, or connect a usb keyboard and reset nvram ...

I do not know what it could be..

I have found other people with the same error:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/qn82qi/keyboard_problem_after_reboot_from_macos/

It is very strange because it only happens in Monterey, I have installed 12.1 Beta 4, but I still have the same error, and it is only when rebooting, in the system it works perfect ...

If I remove VoodooPS2, the failure no longer happens, and even if I restart MacOS, I can use the keyboard to enter the bios, and select boot drive, but then it does not work in the system obviously :(

It is solved, activating Legacy Boot First, but that breaks sleep, and when the computer wakes up, the connected usbs have been incorrectly ejected

Does anyone have any idea what the cause may be?

Many thanks

Regards

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, talmazi said:

Hi I'm having problems with the USB ports could you please send me your EFI folder gratefully.

At this moment I'm not home, but I have a custom SSDT, made for me by MaLd0n, but later I'll send it to you...

6 hours ago, Henties said:

Just wandering how long this latest Monterey "update rain": will continue.

Oh I dare say until all the bugs are sorted and then maybe, maybe................ it will be the end of the Hackintosh era???!!! :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Henties said:

@eSaF then it would be better it Apple "never" succeeds in fixing all the bugs, so that we can carry on hacking a while longer, wishful thinking of cause.

Greetings Henties

:lol: Yes I agree and I have a sneaky feeling that we running Hacks fix or find most of these bugs for them but of course they won't admit to that. :hysterical:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3