[release] macOS Monterey

Wayang-NT
72 posts in this topic

I personally keep running into the "A required firmware update could not be installed" I have used iMacPro1,1, and iMac19,1 config.plists OpenCore 0.7.4/the latest commit for 0.7.5, and have tried with/without AdviseFeatures=true. Stats for my build are in my signature, if anyone could help that would be great!

Fixed my issues!

Edited by laxattack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I know my Bluetooth mouse works just fine (mx master).

Yea mine does as well, I have the MX Master 3 Mac as well as the Keyboard and they both work just fine. The iPhone connects it just does not show in System Preferences/Bluetooth as connected although it is in the list. Even physically clicking connect, it will for a second or two then disconnects or a message will pop up 'This Device is not Compatible'. I think this Monterey release was more catered for the M1 Mac than the Intel Mac and Apple will probably release a patch to accommodate the connectivity problem for Intel versions or maybe this is the slow degradation and death of Intel Macs. :worried_anim:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is Bluetooth Pan actually needed for anything?

The only time I use Bluetooth PAN is when I want to tether my iPhone to my laptop to share my phone's cellular internet access with my laptop (i.e. times when I don't have wifi access).  I can place my phone in hotspot mode and give my laptop internet access anywhere that I have cell service. BTW, it seems like I can only do this when I connect my phone to my laptop with a USB cable.  While the hotspot shows up as a wifi network and BT is also supposed to work, the only way my phone will either connect or remain connected is with USB.  But it's great when I'm in the middle of nowhere and want to check what's happening here on the InsanelyMac forum. 😉

• Like 2

To answer some of your questions I have the last version o macOS Monterey, and I suspect that @eSaF is right, is the song of the swan for intel Macs...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

Yea mine does as well, I have the MX Master 3 Mac as well as the Keyboard and they both work just fine. The iPhone connects it just does not show in System Preferences/Bluetooth as connected although it is in the list. Even physically clicking connect, it will for a second or two then disconnects or a message will pop up 'This Device is not Compatible'. I think this Monterey release was more catered for the M1 Mac than the Intel Mac and Apple will probably release a patch to accommodate the connectivity problem for Intel versions or maybe this is the slow degradation and death of Intel Macs. default_worried_anim.gif

I will test Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 12 soon.
Tested same results. No connection or only connection for a few seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

Hello.
The same thing happened to me on my laptop.
I think IOUSB ... is waiting for a Bluetooth chip.
Are you using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext etc.?
It can't be used on Monterey and can cause you to wait a long time.
It is recommended to remove Intel's Bluetooth related kext even for updating.
thank you.

Thank you, yes, i am using IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, so i need remove it and try right, i hope it work:<

• Like 2

Guys... could you please give me an advice on the cheapest AMD graphics card that works natively with Monterrey? I am currently using GT 710 but it is no longer plug-and-play option that it used to be.

Or maybe... my UHD 630 is better option? I've never successfully enabled it as my only video source...

16 minutes ago, Morpheus NS said:

Guys... could you please give me an advice on the cheapest AMD graphics card that works natively with Monterrey? I am currently using GT 710 but it is no longer plug-and-play option that it used to be.

Or maybe... my UHD 630 is better option? I've never successfully enabled it as my only video source...

Look at Chris1111 post (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/304137497766?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649)

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Morpheus NS said:

AMD RX560

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, laxattack said:

I personally keep running into the "A required firmware update could not be installed" I have used iMacPro1,1, and iMac19,1 config.plists OpenCore 0.7.4/the latest commit for 0.7.5, and have tried with/without AdviseFeatures=true. Stats for my build are in my signature, if anyone could help that would be great!

Fixed my issues!

Got my issues resolved by doing a CMOS clear and an unnecessary SSD upgrade 😄 
MontereyLaxattack.png.6c66fa2435af6b7ae24ab05b330f61ab.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morpheus NS said:

A friendly question. Does it work normal without patching the video output by HDMI of the motherboard (UHD630)?

In Monterey 12.0.1, the display for an open program in the dock changed color

I would like to change the color of the open program indicator in the Dock.
All references that can be found on the net are old and probably relate to it
on Catalina or even earlier on Mojave etc.
And that no longer works in Monterey and Big Sur.

See the old link here:

https://osxdaily.com/2013/05/21/change-dock-indicator-lights-color-mac-os-x/

The MacUtil app is also no longer available for Monterey.

I'm using Big Sur cDock, the last version from November 2020, which doesn't work with Monterey 12.0.1.
The developer writes on his blog that he would like to adapt the cDock, but there are problems with the API.

Hence my question:

How is it possible under Monterey the color of currently to
to change dark gray to e.g. yellow?

Big thanks for tips on this.

I have Monterey running on the HP 800 G1 4th gen i5 4590, although things are working, this OS is showing the CPU's age and become not so enjoyable user experience. sometimes things lag like playing audio or video, sometimes videos or music will just pause for 15 seconds and begin again. I am using the iGPU so things may be better with a dGPU but I don't have one.

Monterey on my i9-9900 machine with the 5700-XT is working great 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

I have Monterey running on the HP 800 G1 4th gen i5 4590, although things are working, this OS is showing the CPU's age and become not so enjoyable user experience. sometimes things lag like playing audio or video, sometimes videos or music will just pause for 15 seconds and begin again. I am using the iGPU so things may be better with a dGPU but I don't have one.

Monterey on my i9-9900 machine with the 5700-XT is working great 

I have Monterey running in 3 Ivy desktop and 1 ivy laptop and I have none of the symptoms you said. On laptop I have only IGPU.

15 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have Monterey running in 3 Ivy desktop and 1 ivy laptop and I have none of the symptoms you said. On laptop I have only IGPU.

can you share your config.plist, I would like to see if I have a setting causing the lag