Sony VAIO i5 (arrandale), PS/2 keyboard and mouse not working

geekytone

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying my first Hackintosh on my old laptop Sony VAIO i5-560m (arrandale). I'm using OpenCore and Big Sur 11.2.1 (11.3+ seems not working as documentation says).

At this time, my problem is either my keyboard or mouse doesn't work within the interface. I'm using external generic USB mouse (trackpad is broken and not working anymore), and according to my Windows, I'm using a "Standard PS/2 keyboard". Also I've already tried to plug USB keyboard but same issue.

Keyboard seems working at OpenCore level, I can use it to select boot.

I'm using VoodooPS2Controller-2.2.5.

Should I use another kext or is the problem related to something else, such as my config.plist?

My ACPI:
SSDT-EC-LAPTOP.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml
SSDT-XOSI.aml

My current OpenCore drivers:
HfsPlusLegacy
OpenRuntime
Ps2KeyboardDxe
UsbMouseDxe

My current kexts:
AppleALC
itlwm
Lilu
SMCBatteryManager
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
USBInjectAll
VirtualSMC
VoodoPS2Controller
WhateverGreen

Thank you in advance for you help.

config.plist

4 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Most older systems (Ivy lake and older) need IRQ patching. I'd try using SSDT-Time to do the IRQ patching, and then try again. I doubt the version above will work because of this, but I guess it is also worth a try.

Thank you for your suggestion. I seen a bit of this on Dortania's guide but didn't understand it completely. Can you tell me a how-to/tutorial link to achieve this?

5 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

You give SSDT-Time your DSDT.aml. You press the FixHPET option. It'll give you an SSDT and a set of patches. The SSDT should be put in the ACPI folder, and in your config.plist. The patches should also be copied over to your config.plist under ACPI->Patch.

I have an old HP630 Arrandale, I have never been able to activate the brightness control could you help me ???

https://github.com/Baio1977/HP-630-CPU-Arrandale-Bios-Legacy-

5 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

You give SSDT-Time your DSDT.aml. You press the FixHPET option. It'll give you an SSDT and a set of patches. The SSDT should be put in the ACPI folder, and in your config.plist. The patches should also be copied over to your config.plist under ACPI->Patch.

Just tried folowing this tutorial but keyboard and mouse still not working: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html#running-ssdttime

6 hours ago, geekytone said:

Just tried folowing this tutorial but keyboard and mouse still not working: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html#running-ssdttime

Can you add `msgbuf=1048576` to your boot-args and then do `sudo dmesg | grep -i "PS2" > ~/Desktop/bootlog.txt` in terminal once you've rebooted? Should give you a log file on the desktop which you can send here.

6 hours ago, Baio77 said:

I have an old HP630 Arrandale, I have never been able to activate the brightness control could you help me ???

https://github.com/Baio1977/HP-630-CPU-Arrandale-Bios-Legacy-

Hrmm, do you have an IOReg from IORegistryExplorer you could send? Looks like the brightness notifications get sent a weird path, either that or HP has some weird ACPI names.

22 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Can you add `msgbuf=1048576` to your boot-args and then do `sudo dmesg | grep -i "PS2" > ~/Desktop/bootlog.txt` in terminal once you've rebooted? Should give you a log file on the desktop which you can send here.

Not sure how to do that. If I understand, I should add it under config.plist > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args? Then, how can I get into the terminal?

Sorry, I'm very new beginner.

3 minutes ago, geekytone said:

Not sure how to do that. If I understand, I should add it under config.plist > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args? Then, how can I get into the terminal?

Sorry, I'm very new beginner.

Yes, add it in your config.plist.
Terminal is just an application in macOS.

Well, terminal is still there. You can't save anything though afaik from there. So you'd have to take a picture of the log or have some other way to get it off. You'd at least want to remove the ">" and anything after in the command ai gave above.

The terminal is under one of the drop downs in the menu bar up top.

25 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Well, terminal is still there. You can't save anything though afaik from there. So you'd have to take a picture of the log or have some other way to get it off. You'd at least want to remove the ">" and anything after in the command ai gave above.

The problem is that keyboard and mouse are not working, I don't have any input method to access any menu under the Mac recovery interface. I already tried to plug external USB keyboard but this doesn't work, also.

3 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Not sure if this helps, the keyboard seems to freeze (numlock goes to off and keyboard become unreactive) starting at XNU/Kernel Handoff. At boot.efi handoff, keyboard seems working (at least I can on/off numlock). Is anything we can conclude following these information?

4 hours ago, geekytone said:

The problem is that keyboard and mouse are not working, I don't have any input method to access any menu under the Mac recovery interface. I already tried to plug external USB keyboard but this doesn't work, also.

probably something screwed up with USB mapping then. Could try using windows to do a USB map possibly using the USBToolBox tool, or USBInjectAll.kext I guess.

Edited by 1Revenger1

14 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

probably something screwed up with USB mapping then. Could try using windows to do a USB map possibly using the USBToolBox tool, or USBInjectAll.kext I guess.

Then I tried USBToolBox because I already tried to include USBInjectAll.kext without any success. So, within USBToolBox, I did following this:

- D. Discover Ports

- S. Select Ports and Build Kext > A. Select All > K. Build UTBMap.kext.

Then I included this file on OpenCore and within config.plist. Now, I can perform Caps Lock on the keyboard, the light status change. But still can't do anything within the recovery interface. USB Mouse is also not working.

I attached my current config.plist in case I did something wrong within.

config.plist