[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 7:31 PM, chris1111 said:

Exactly for USB transport Dongle compatible

41NsT1iN6NL._AC_.jpg.0bfac9160655d5a8da2539f87987bc03.jpg

So you are talking about new BT dongles not needing this or does this apply to internal BT as well?

Edited by 5T33Z0

So you are talking about new BT dongles not needing this or does this apply to internal BT as well?

Applies to internal as well. You will see my previous post which is my laptop.
I am only using bluetool kext no others with Broadcom wifi / bt combo.
I am yet to test on my desktop but it has the exact card as my laptop so I’m assuming it will work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Applies to internal as well. You will see my previous post which is my laptop.
I am only using bluetool kext no others with Broadcom wifi / bt combo.
I am yet to test on my desktop but it has the exact card as my laptop so I’m assuming it will work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I've gota test this.

@meaganmargaret Same here, 2.6.1 beta does not cut it on my Z490 Vision G builds, with one difference to your situation, I actually depend on my magic keyboard and Magic mouse to work after sleep. Only once a solution has been found for this anomaly will I contemplate looking at Monterrey in a more serious way. 

Greetings Henties 

Edited by Henties
  • Thanks 1

To @all I am now totally perplexed, or shall I rather invent a new word and call it "perplexificated", because that is exactly what the Monterey beta 10 bluetooth anomaly has done to me. Three hours or so ago I decided to play a bit Columbus with my Monterey beta 10 test installation and accidentally forgot the loss of bluetooth access with my Apple magic keyboard, as well as the magic mouse, after the hack was waking from sleep.

My oversight caused the hack, to my annoyance, to fall asleep and I readied myself for a forced power off reboot to regain access to the machine.

In the process I must have accidentally bumped against my keyboard or mouse and to my surprise the hack woke up without problems whatsoever. So I subjected the wake from sleep routines through a couple of sleep iterations, which included forced sleep through the menu as well as normal self induced sleep through the built in timer. It would not fail once even when returning from a boot to Big Sur, Windows 10 and even Ubuntu 20.4 LTS.

In "System Report-->Bluetooth" the attached screenshot shows that the Bluetooth controller is actually off and not discoverable, in addition the Bluetooth Preferences window, when opened from the "Menubar" is also unpopulated.

I am not using the BlueToolFixup.kext because it did not work during earlier testing by me.

The only thing that changed was that Little Snitch recently updated itself to Version 5.3.1 build (6225), but I cannot see that it can have any influence on the functioning of Apple's branded bluetooth devices. 

Oh by the way the Pan BT device is also not available as a setup option, as was reported already by a number of people on this board.

The mystery just deepens.

Regards Henties

Oh I just noticed that the Bluetooth Preferences pane is not occupied because it is actually turned off,  yet my 2 Apple IO. peripherals are working like a dream. This obviously calls for more testing in order to hopefully discover what is cooking under the hood of my Monterey beta 10 test installation, however the Apple Event is up next to keep me occupied.

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 4.13.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 6.13.22 PM.png

Edited by Henties
  • Sad 1

There's obviously a major bug in this beta version of Monterey. Even if my BT devices reconnected fine after a wake from sleep, I decided to turn them off/on BT from the system preference panel but  it did not work. ( Even if it shows "on" in the Menu bar ) .

I had to fully reboot Monterey to make BT work again.

Like any other bug, this one shall also pass, hopefully quick, & without vaccine 😂

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.22.49 AM.png

Edited by Ellybz

Seriously I don't know about this update, the lack of an alphabetical character at the end of the version number, does that means it is a RC edition? Again it has removed my HP Printer, this is so out of the norm from versions of old, makes me wonder what is the end game here, or is this the game what ever that may be coming to an end?

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 8.10.19 pm.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

@meaganmargaret

I think we are in macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC (21A558). It can be read in some Mac sites as 9to5mac: "macOS Monterey RC is now available to developers and public beta testers via OTA with build number 21A558. Interestingly, macOS Monterey RC is version 12.0.1."

It would seem so 😀

https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-monterey-12-0-1-rc-21a558-is-live-whats-new/  

• Like 4

Cannot get the RC 12.0.1 on any of my 2 Macs? Both say currently installed Beta 10 is latest somehow.

Can someone share a full installer link for it, pls? :) 

Edited by Naki
  • Sad 3