Problem with OpenCore

Bigman14

11 posts in this topic

I was using my hackintosh laptop and had to reboot then the config plist got messed up, D’Souza I looked online and found a clean efi folder from another laptop with similar cpu/gpu, put it in now stuck at apple logo won’t boot internal partition for 11.2, and USB installers don’t load either. Ran three checks with first aid and all came back clean on my boot.

specs

alc 265

core i5-8250u

8gb ram

250gb m2satax2 in m.2 raid sata enclosure

480gb SSd for data

uhd 620 graphics

attached is config plist I’m using

config-5.plist

Edited by Bigman14

Guest 5T33Z0

@Bigman14 So basically, you want us to fix your config?!

1. What's the source of the EFI? Where's the Link?

2. What version of OpenCore is this for?

Unless these Questions are answered, I can't help you.

Another User with similar core specs only WiFi is different in my. Downloaded from insanely Mac forum post.

0.6.1 Release

reattached the file I downloaded

the config plist above has unneeded Kexts disabled

it even sticks booting from USB stick

EFI HP-P-ce0501na.zip

Edited by Bigman14

Guest 5T33Z0

Sorry, I wont update a 10 months old OpenCore EFI for you. Read my OpenCore Update Guide in my signature to bring it up to par.

Edited by 5T33Z0

42 minutes ago, Bigman14 said:

I have tried 0.6.8 with the required kext files for my system and get to menu but can not select anything to boot. Any ideas how to fix those issues

Are you seeing there is no macOS drive in the picker? Even USB install stick?

No I see it in the picker when I press enter it does nothing just sits at Apple logo endlessly. 
 I think the injection maybe messed up or failing to inject something but I don’t know.

8 hours ago, Bigman14 said:

No I see it in the picker when I press enter it does nothing just sits at Apple logo endlessly. 
 I think the injection maybe messed up or failing to inject something but I don’t know.

I have checked your EFI and can't find something wrong regarding the general structure and config.plist.

I don't know your laptop so I can't tell you something more specific about that machine.

I think this is where you have consulted the EFI, in the other forum, is it?
[SUCCESS] [Guide?] OC HP Pavillion ce-0501na i5-8250U UHD620 DW1560

I hope someone with more knowledge about this laptop can help you.

@Bigman14 Without your extracted raw ACPI, it's hard to tell. I have a fully working HP Envy x360 15m with i5-8250u.  I haven't had time to post a guide (and  don't want to given the time commitment that will represent.  My one current guide is enough for me right now, but you may want to read it, since it's what I used to hack my HP Envy).  Some things that I noticed about your rig that you might want to check:

• Am I reading your config.plist correctly in that it appears you are injecting Brcm and Intel Bluetooth?  I replaced my intel card with Fenvi BCM94360NG and it works perfectly without any kexts
  • SMBIOS MBP14,1 may be a better match than MBP15,2
  • Does your unpatched ACPI have Device AWAC?  Mine doesn't, thus no need for SSDT-AWAC
  • Did you need SSDT-BAT?  I only needed VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext.  No SSDTs.
  • Your Device USBX would need to be revised for MBP14,1.  MBP14,1 ACPI USBX specifies only "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit",  0x0BB8,  "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 0x0BB8
  • My HP Envy's CPU ACPI path is \_SB.PR00. If that's the same as yours, you can simplify your SSDT-PLUG patch
  • MY HP Envy's raw ACPI already has a Device PPMC that matches MBP14,1 PMCR.  I only needed to rename PPMC -> PMCR.  No need to add a new PMCR
  • Your Device PNLF is Dortania's CFL patch.  I use the other PNLF here.
  • I restricted my graphics port count to 2: framebuffer-portcount=2
  • I don't use CPUFriend and power management is perfect

Again, without seeing your extracted raw ACPI, it's tough to give advice.  This list should give you a push in the right direction.