Compatible motherboard (lga 1150)

guimacdo

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I recently made a hackintosh on my machine that has an AMD CPU (A10 7860k). And as expected, I had several problems.

Thinking about it I decided to build something that works more natively, so I thought about Intel platforms.

I don't want to spend too much, so I'm busy with socket 1150. I think the processor won't make much of a difference to how Hack works, but I have a lot of doubts about the motherboard.

Do any of you know any motherboard for this socket that is fully compatible with a Hackintosh?

Hi @guimacdo

This is a quote from Dortania installation guide:

"For the most part, all motherboards are supported as long as the CPU is." so almost all H97 and Z97 are supported and Haswell CPUs are also working perfectly fine with macOS. The only down side is that some of these boards may cause issues such as black screen while booting into BIOS/UEFI or BIOS reset on some other cases.

I'm using a GA-H97-D3H and recently i'm experiencing some BIOS reset while switching between macOS and Windows.

@guimacdo

I think that socket 1150 is from 2012-2013.

If you are planning to build a hackintosh, you must go near current times. For example, socket 1151 and Intel CPUs of 9th gen (Coffee Lake). 

These components are ideal for Z390 chipset boards, highly compatible and well tested on macOS. After the Z300 chipsets have come the Z400 and the Z500 so you move away from the latest model that is always more expensive and less compatible.
I use a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard with Intel 9th generation CPU and the performance is very satisfactory. You can read about this machine here.

Edited by miliuco