[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.3

Wayang-NT

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hervé said:

Anyone running Big Sur 11.3 on a laptop lost brightness control? Reported as no longer working on a couple of Dell Hacks (eg: Ivy Bridge/HD4000 Latitude E6230, Haswell/HD4600 Precision M6800). I can confirm the matter on my E6230.

Brightness is still working on my X1 Extreme, haven't had a chance to update my M4700 yet.

Edit: Still works on my M4700

Edited by 1Revenger1

No

5 hours ago, Hervé said:

Anyone running Big Sur 11.3 on a laptop lost brightness control? Reported as no longer working on a couple of Dell Hacks (eg: Ivy Bridge/HD4000 Latitude E6230, Haswell/HD4600 Precision M6800). I can confirm the matter on my E6230.

No! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

No issues with brightness control or any other new issue after upgrading to 11.3
(Dell XPS 15 9550 4K display)

2 hours ago, XanthraX said:

After the upgrade, I lost the USB 3.0 connections on the i3 based Hackintosh in my signature. Using Using OpenCore 0.6.8.

I resolved this and I post it for whose encounter the same problem. First I downloaded the last version of USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext as the advice of MladOn:

After this, only the USB 3.0 devices were seen, but not the USB 2.0 devices.

Then I unchecked the XhciPortLimit in Kernel -> Quirks, because some of my back panel USB ports were not recognised

Then I applied the patched in the picture. I don't know which of them makes the trick, but it works now. I hope it helps.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 11.23.24 AM.jpg

• Like 1

After updating I lost the USB, all of them, I had to go to my test disk of big sur 11.2.3, update Hackintool to the latest version, do the mapping of my USB again and change the EFI 0.6.8 of the disk, that's how it worked all over again. 

only those marked in green after placing a usb stick 2 and 3 in all ports

you export results and put the resulting ssdt and kext in your EFI

1690612769_Capturadepantalla2021-04-27alas13_18_33.thumb.png.2c5225115ca3208b8005d1224097d380.png

Edited by Derty

1 hour ago, Derty said:

After updating I lost the USB, all of them, I had to go to my test disk of big sur 11.2.3, update Hackintool to the latest version, do the mapping of my USB again and change the EFI 0.6.8 of the disk, that's how it worked all over again.

You must map your USB ports either though SSDT or though the plist-only kext, and disable XhciPortLimit

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi guys.

Has anyone been able to clean install Big Sur 11.3? Neither Clover nor OpenCore see the USB installer.

I am about to clean install on my test disk so if no one chips in, I will report back.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hervé said:

I lost brightness control when I installed the first beta of 11.3.  I fixed it by changing my PNLF device, which had been in my DSDT to Dortania's SSDT-PNLF.aml.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Thanks for the update. I guess there's something wrong with the installer I have, I'm downloading the full installer as we speak so I'll give it a try when it's done.

Yea sounds about right. Like I said mine went without a glitch.

• Thanks 1

hi all Today I updated BG 11.3, I'm having problems with some usb2 and usb3 ports does not detect them
Of the eight USB ports of the Asus Z87 plus motherboard in signature only 3 work for me.
I used Hackintool to pack the usb ports, same problem.
Any suggestions
Thank you

Schermata 2021-04-27 alle 20.31.19.png

Re-installed Big Sur, it was version 11.2.3, I have installed version 11.3 . I have kept the old installation of Clover 5133 (latest) in the EFI. For sound, I have used Voodoo HDA Audio, packaged by chris1111 (version 2.9.6, I know 2.9.7 exists, but chris1111 has not packaged it for Clover yet).  This type of updating by (almost) clean install worked before. Now, sound is gone. Voodoo HDA Audio stopped working, no audio hardware is shown in System Preferences. On 11.2.3 it was working. I have tried several combinations, like re-installing Voodoo HDA Audio, deleting it and then re-installing it, tried AppleALC, I have re-installed the OS the second time, nothing worked. I have attached the EFI partition.

Unfortunaly, due to things related to ADHD, I find hard to switch from Clover to OpenCore, altought it would probably be the best.

EFI1.zip

42 minutes ago, ludox said:

hi all Today I updated BG 11.3, I'm having problems with some usb2 and usb3 ports does not detect them
Of the eight USB ports of the Asus Z87 plus motherboard in signature only 3 work for me.
I used Hackintool to pack the usb ports, same problem.
Any suggestions
Thank you

Schermata 2021-04-27 alle 20.31.19.png

Solved I disabled XhciPortLimit on the clover, I updated usb.kext, now all eight work

my old motherboard (GA-Z97P-D3) has been updated to Big sur 11.3 with opencore 0.6.6 .  It took about 20 minutes.

I disabled  XhciPortLimit  in opencore on a USB boot drive to test if that would have consequences with BigSUR 11.2.x : NONE All USB device were OK. And did the update , the first reboot showed me a "macintosh HD" for the update that was selected by default by the picker, 3 reboots and tadaaam : all my USB devices are working : Apple Keyboard, laser printer, webcam, USB3 external drive, inside USB2 for Bluetooth via a Fenvi card, Wifi as a regular Airport device.

The day before : i did the update on a Macbook Air 13" (2015)  and a Macbook pro 15" core I7 ( mid 2015). It was very slow on the Macbook Air. 

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 10.02.01.png

On 4/27/2021 at 1:10 PM, LIMITANT said:

I agree

USBInjectall is not the right way ; USBPort.kext is so much easier and correct . 

@XanthraX remap your USB ports as a kext and forget about it forever

I did it. I lost a port, but the rest of all work. XhciPortLimit disabled.