[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.6.6 > 0.6.7 differences

miliuco

17 posts in this topic

As always, it is advisable to read @vit9696 and Khronokernel messages, although this time they are short texts which is a shame because I always learn a lot from them.

Changes from OC 0.6.6 to 0.6.7 are easy for the end user. But improvements and modifications in the code are many.

Differences.pdf

In the configuration PDF there are a lot of modifications, almost all of them are corrections of typographical errors or improvements in the wording of the text. Remember that the text that is removed is in red and the one that is added is in blue.

Plist config

• UEFI> Audio> ResetTrafficClass key added: to be used with AppleHDA.kext, those of us who use AppleALC.kext leave it False.
  • UEFI> Input> KeyMergeThresholdType key removed: no longer needed.
  • UEFI> Output> GopPassThrough key added: handling of the graphics protocol used in console, it is usually False, it must be True only in BIOS that do not implement GOP (Graphics Output Protocol).
  • UEFi> Quirks> ActivateHpetSupport key added: enable HPET support on older machines, usually False.
  • PlatformInfo> NVRAM> SystemSerialNumber key added: write the variable in NVRAM, most of us we leave this section of PlatformInfo empty and only fill the Generic section. It can be safely ignored in most cases.

XhciPortLimit

There is an important warning for users who have this key set to True: a bug may occur in beta versions of 11.3. It does not affect users who have XhciPortLimit in False and USB port map. It seems to be corrected as of macOS 11.3 Beta 3 (20E5196f).

Tools

ocpasswordgen added: to generate passwords for OpenCore.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

One of the more straight forward updates for a change.... :)

Wait until 0.6.8 comes along and then your be back to having to do a 10 page essay on it...   :help: hehe

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

One of the more straight forward updates for a change.... :)

Wait until 0.6.8 comes along and then your be back to having to do a 10 page essay on it...   :help: hehe

Yes, this update requires little work although we already know that there are a lot of changes in the code, below what you see.

@miliuco -Your plain speak and easy to follow descriptive changes from one OC version to the next makes them easy to understand for noobs and all alike by simplifying some of the technical jargon so well done on that front. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

@miliuco -Votre langage clair et facile à suivre les modifications descriptives d'une version d'OC à la suivante les rend faciles à comprendre pour les noobs et tous en simplifiant une partie du jargon technique si bien fait sur ce front. : thumbsup_anim:

so true !!

thank you @miliuco

• Like 2

@eSaF

What I would like is to know more English to be able to write naturally as when I read native English speakers as you.

But if at least I am well understood, I am satisfied.

Merci beaucoup!!! @odemolay

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, miliuco said:

What I would like is to know more English to be able to write naturally as when I read native English speakers as you.

But if at least I am well understood, I am satisfied.

My friend your command of the English language is faultless as far as making your self understood so you have zero worries on that score, your posts are concise and clear.

• Like 1

Agreed, your English is fine buddy.

In-fact your English is better then some peoples English including myself and I’m from London... :hysterical:

Plus I suffer from IPad and IPhone word correction into the wrong word all the blooming time. :poster_oops:

Keep up the good work fella and well done. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Today I have updated Opencore from version 0.66 to version 0.67. After a reboot I have got a little problem in the picker using Opencanopy. Sometimes the Cursor-Keys of the Keyboard didn‘t react. The cursor of the mouse works fine. I noticed that the Parameter „KeyMergeThreshold“ was canceled. Is there a context?

My first Posting since Registration in 2007 :thumbsup_anim:

3 hours ago, bluebyte said:

Today I have updated Opencore from version 0.66 to version 0.67. After a reboot I have got a little problem in the picker using Opencanopy. Sometimes the Cursor-Keys of the Keyboard didn‘t react. The cursor of the mouse works fine. I noticed that the Parameter „KeyMergeThreshold“ was canceled. Is there a context?

My first Posting since Registration in 2007 :thumbsup_anim:

Goodnight. Effectively KeyMergeThreshold has been removed.
Do you have a Bluetooth keyboard?
Do you have config.plist like in the image I attach? Note: except PointerSupport False, you have it True.

input.png.8a52e6dfc3332b4362068fda12c31225.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

Dear users,

thanks a lot for your response. I'm sorry about my short comment, but I have written it on my iPhone at work. :moil:

Also, I have noticed, that I must complete my profile.  :w00t:

I'm using wireless USB-Keyboard and USB-Mouse by Logitech.

Logitech MK520 - https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-combo-mk520

I have checked the Sample.plist of Version 0.66 and Version 0.67 with Filemerge. Like @5T33Z0 has written, there were 4 differences, only.

I have corrected these 4 differences only. But there are still some differences in my configuration in UEFI -> Input. Look at my screenshot. With these settings it worked fine till OC 0.66. In the past I had problems with KeySupportMode = Auto and PointerSupportMode = ASUS and. That's the reason why I had choosen KeySupportMode = AMI and PointerSupportMode = empty.

@5T33Z0 I have copied all necessary files of the Opencore-Package and the OCBinaryData

Perhaps, there are some dependencies with OC 0.67. So let's have a try it with the settings like the screenshot of @miliuco.

Best regards and stay healthy

bluebyte

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-25 um 10.15.25.png

Edited by bluebyte

29 minutes ago, bluebyte said:

Dear users,

thanks a lot for your response. I'm sorry about my short comment, but I have written it on my iPhone at work. :moil:

Also, I have noticed, that I must complete my profile.  :w00t:

I'm using wireless USB-Keyboard and USB-Mouse by Logitech.

Logitech MK520 - https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-combo-mk520

I have checked the Sample.plist of Version 0.66 and Version 0.67 with Filemerge. Like @5T33Z0 has written, there were 4 differences, only.

I have corrected these 4 differences only. But there are still some differences in my configuration in UEFI -> Input. Look at my screenshot. With these settings it worked fine till OC 0.66. In the past I had problems with KeySupportMode = Auto and PointerSupportMode = ASUS and. That's the reason why I had choosen KeySupportMode = AMI and PointerSupportMode = empty.

@5T33Z0 I have copied all necessary files of the Opencore-Package and the OCBinaryData

Perhaps, there are some dependencies with OC 0.67. So let's have a try it with the settings like the screenshot of @miliuco.

Best regards and stay healthy

bluebyte...

I have a bluetooth keyboard (Apple wireless keyboard) and, in OpenCore menu, the first touch of any key does not work but from the second touch it works fine.
It is a different behavior from yours, I see that you use a Logitech wireless keyboard, it could be that the USB receiver did not connect correctly but then both the keyboard and the mouse would fail.