[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

gengik84

112 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, XanthraX said:

Everything seemed to work OK in installation, but now I have sound interruptions at every about 30 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this? I replaced the kexts in EFI, i rebooted. The problem persists.

Sorry, it was my only fault. After the update, a VST plugin lost its license data and ran in demo mode. Can be ignored or deleted.

16 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 direct download link if anyone is interested.

Thanks for your help and now I can boot Big Sur 11.2.3 in my three old hackintoshs including P6TSE (Sandy Bridge, i7-920 CPU), P5Q PRO (LGA775, Intel Core 2 Extreme X9650) and GA-965P-DS4 (LGA775, Intel Core Duo 2 E8400).

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

Why would you disable SIP?  It's unnecessary to update macOS

On 3/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, ellaosx said:

If i install kexts in /L/E and leave /S/L/E alone,

please, don't.

It's also called heresy here on insanelymac.com

we leave those stuff to... t0ny... cough cough... ehm..

16 hours ago, 1Ale1 said:

3-16-2021 at 2:20 PM - PDT

As far as I know, it IS necessary to disable SIP to keep 3rd Party Kexts, (Lilu, Whatevergreen, etc.), functioning.  IF SIP is Enabled,

these Unsigned Kexts are locked down/kept from running by MacOS.

SIP MUST be AT LEAST partially disabled with 67080000 for Big Sur.  I'm thankfully still on Mojave 10.14.6 with latest Security

Update.  My SIP IS partially Disabled in Clover 4359 with 0x67 in config.plist Clover Configurator.  Prior to that, in High Sierra 10.13.6 with latest

Security Update, same clover, in config.plist Clover Configurator was 0x3 to partially Disable SIP.

Lilu and Whatevergreen are just 2 Examples of Unsigned Kexts, there are MANY other Kexts that require SIP to be partially

Disabled.

TimeLord04

Edited by TimeLord04
Clerical Corrections.

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

@TimeLord04, this is a Big Sur 11.2 thread so your comments about other macOS versions are off-topic. It is true that it's no longer necessary to disable SIP in Big Sur when you use OpenCore.

3-16-2021 at 2:29 PM - PDT

Well, at last glance, MANY people are STILL on Clover.  That is, NOT everyone runs OpenCore.  I've studied OpenCore, and see the advantages, but

still don't trust myself to configure OpenCore for my Hackintosh.  I read all over these Forums and Threads, and have seen pluses and minuses to

both Boot Loaders.  I'm in the group that chooses to stick with Clover.

To each his/her own.  ymmv.

TimeLord04

21 hours ago, 1Ale1 said:

please, don't.

TotalFinder will not work without SIP disabled. I will not give up TF until the bitter end!

On 3/17/2021 at 5:11 AM, 1Ale1 said:

please, don't.

You misunderstood. I was referring to bless hence the "if"

Edited by ellaosx

Ok.  Now that the issue of csr-active-config 0x867 has been resolved to restore updates, only full installers are offered.   Did someone mention in a previous post that it is necessary to retain the prior installation snapshot in order to get the incremental updates, say from 11.2.2 to 11.2.3 without software update downloading and upgrading with the full installer?

Also I note that clover 5131 boots a recent Big Sur update but as soon as two system mods were made (change login graphic and ntfs read-write enabled) and a new snapshot created, the boot fails with clover.   Can anyone explain this?

Is anyone having trouble chainloading OpenCore from GRUB2 after OC version 0.6.4?