Jump to content

iMessage / FaceTime over Big Sur 11.1 - OC 0.6.5


Mahdose
 Share

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Well, I have HP EliteBook G3 with OpenCore 0.6.5 and Big Sur 11.1 installed.

 

I have Intel Wi-Fi card working using AirportItlwm kext in addition to IntelBluetooth which enable AirDrop to partially work. Besides all, I failed to run iMessage / FaceTime. I signed out my AppleID and changed SN / UUID several times using GenSMBIOS and saving config.plist using ProperTree (not OC)

 

This is what I exactly did in order to let iMessage work with no luck:

 

  1. Used Hackintool to verify everything is proper
  2. Ensured Ethernet is set as en0 BSD
  3. Ensured using Ethernet MAC as ROM
  4. Signed out Apple ID and rebooted
  5. Reset NVARM upon boot and rebooted
  6. Reset Keychain
  7. Removed related iMessage / FaceTime caches in Library/Caches
  8. Removed related iMessage / FaceTime preferences in Library/Preferences 
  9. Changed SN / UUID using GenSMBIOS
  10. Added new SN / UUID using ProperTree, saved and rebooted
  11. Reset NVRAM upon boot and rebooted
  12. Attempted to use iMessage / FaceTime , same output, after 5 seconds of login, it signs out
  13. Retried steps again with new SN / UUID, still same

 

Wondering what do I miss here! 

 

Please check screenshots for OC DataHub and SMBIOS info (note that I used ProperTree to parse outputs from OC to make them work properly without panics).

 

 

 

OC-DataHub.png

OC-SMBIOS.png


Update:

I reset config.plist adding generic data only (No DataHub nor SMBIOS added to config.plist) with new SN/UUID and same ROM as ethernet MAC address, installed Big Sur from scratch and still same issue!!

Edited by Mahdose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Only adding the Generic info of the DataHub tab in my own configs and all works perfectly.


My config.plist was only including Generic info in DataHub and it was not working though, the mentioned info after I generated them from OC and parsed in ProperTree. I notice country of manufacturing is China in every serial I do generate, does this impact iMessage / FT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also failed to make work messages and FaceTime on my newly installed Big Sur on Acer Aspire.

Although I found a valid serial. But every time I sign in, after a few seconds its back to the sign in page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do not use the serial number of an existing system if that's what you mean by "I found a valid serial". All that's required for apps such as Messages, FaceTime, etc. is that appropriate SMBIOS data is specified. There are dozens of autos on the matter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plsh2me said:

Although I found a valid serial. But every time I sign in, after a few seconds its back to the sign in page. 

No no no no, you must not use a valid Serial Number on a Hackintosh machine unless it is from a Genuine Mac that is owned by you. You must find one that returns a not Valid message when you check, it means that it would be unique to your machine only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

I reset config.plist adding generic data only (No DataHub nor SMBIOS added to config.plist) with new SN/UUID and same ROM as ethernet MAC address, installed Big Sur from scratch and still same issue!! What’s wrong? I believe chances of generated SNs most likely would be used somewhere else’s Hackintosh (not real mac)

 

Do I miss something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, eSaF said:

No no no no, you must not use a valid Serial Number on a Hackintosh machine unless it is from a Genuine Mac that is owned by you. You must find one that returns a not Valid message when you check, it means that it would be unique to your machine only.

Actually I did it as per Opencore official sites guide - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html#generate-a-new-serial.

A valid serial, but purchase date not validated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't had any problems with iMessage and other iServices on my 6 hacks since macOS 10.12 Sierra.

All the time when I changed/created a config.plist I left everything on default in PlatformInfo tab, and just simply generated one SMBIOS from the drop-down list in OpenCore configurator (on Clover I just simply selected the right SMBIOS from the list).

Every time before SMBIOS change I log-out from iCloud, from my other iDevice (iPhone 7) I delete the device with the old SMBIOS completely, change SMBIOS, log-in, enable SMS-forward in Messages and that's it. 

 

First I thought the problem is that it needs a compatible BCM94360 card, but that's not the case since I have a Lenovo with an Intel card, and it's working perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mahdose said:


Well, how many serials you had to generate then? 

:D To be honest, I spend a lot of time. After thousand attempt I found one. And now I fell, did every thing for nothing. 

I wanted to open a thread for that. 

Thank you, you opened. 

Lets see if anyone can help to solve the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, plsh2me said:

Actually I did it as per Opencore official sites guide - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html#generate-a-new-serial.

A valid serial, but purchase date not validated.

For me personally that part of the Guide is misleading as it warns an undated Valid Serial could cause problems later when a genuine Apple Mac is registered with that Serial Number. I have been using a - 'We're sorry but this Serial Number is not valid' - from the introduction of iMessage with every Hack machine I have built and installed OS X without any iMessage activation problems. I don't know if you've been around long enough from when Apple first introduced iMessage where certain criteria's had to be met before activation i.e S/N, ROM, SmUUID etc, etc. Obviously only genuine Macs had these credentials, so the Devs had to find a way to get our hacks to emulate the behavior of Macs on the Apple Servers. A few of us thought it would be clever to circumvent the problem by beg borrow or steal genuine Mac serials which caused one hell of a Security mess on Apple Servers, like having 2 vehicles with the same plates. This caused Apple to kick off and black list all machines with the cloned serials including the genuine Macs from the Servers until the mess was sorted. In essence, it's best to stay well clear from Genuine Serials but at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, eSaF said:

For me personally that part of the Guide is misleading as it warns an undated Valid Serial could cause problems later when a genuine Apple Mac is registered with that Serial Number. I have been using a - 'We're sorry but this Serial Number is not valid' - from the introduction of iMessage with every Hack machine I have built and installed OS X without any iMessage activation problems. I don't know if you've been around long enough from when Apple first introduced iMessage where certain criteria's had to be met before activation i.e S/N, ROM, SmUUID etc, etc. Obviously only genuine Macs had these credentials, so the Devs had to find a way to get our hacks to emulate the behavior of Macs on the Apple Servers. A few of us thought it would be clever to circumvent the problem by beg borrow or steal genuine Mac serials which caused one hell of a Security mess on Apple Servers, like having 2 vehicles with the same plates. This caused Apple to kick off and black list all machines with the cloned serials including the genuine Macs from the Servers until the mess was sorted. In essence, it's best to stay well clear from Genuine Serials but at the end of the day, the choice is yours.

Yes, You are right. Even I think the same.

But I already tried the non valid serial as well. 

I don't believe they black listed me, cause on my MacBook Air 6,2 all things are fine. I don't know if they limited me. 

Finally, its obviously is not a good decision to use a genuine serial which may cause problem or block my account in future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...