Asus X55C internal screen only works if HDMI screen plugged in

chriz74

33 posts in this topic

Swapping connectors sort of worked. The internal screen is now on FB 2 still on DisplayPipe 0 and works without HDMI screen plugged in. However HDMI doesn't work anymore, meaning if I plug it in the PC doesn't do anything, it doesn't show up in ioreg.

Hardware acceleration also works with MacBookPro 9,2 SMBIOS but problem is the same.

Excellent, well done! Good thinking on zeroing con0. One way to know if changing SMBIOS to Ivy Bridge MBP9,2 was decisive or not would be to revert to the previous Sandy Bridge MBP8,1 choice.

Now I guess what would happen redirecting VGA to CON0, not that I need VGA but just to see what happens.

You know, I think maybe 9,2 is a better choice as that was based on 7 series chipset as this Laptop, and 7 series chipset is backward compatible with Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Posted (edited)

@Hervé I set con0 to 06020000 00010000 09000000 and also VGA works. By the way I tried to find out the port using intel registry dumper on linux but I don't see where the info should be. So I just put 9 to try and it worked.

Edited by chriz74