Opencore Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3

geticus

4 posts in this topic

Hi all and Happy New Year
I'm trying to boot an existing High Sierra system on my new JINGSHA X99 D8 motherboard with an E5 2678 v3 using Open Core with no succes for the moment. I'm stuck on IOCConsoleUsers. I followed the Dortania guide, I'm not a complete novice on hackintosh-OC, I've already installed with Opencore this HG partition with an Hi all and Happy New Year
I'm trying to boot an existing High Sierra system on my new JINGSHA X99 D8 motherboard with an E5 2678 v3 using Open Core with no succes for the moment. I'm stuck on IOCConsoleUsers. I followed the Dortania guide, I'm not a complete novice on hackintosh-OC, I've already installed with Opencore this HG partition with an i7 7700k, but I can't do it this time.

My graphic card is a GTX 1060, after some, many, researches my problem seem to be relative to my graphic card. It was the same I used for i7 7700k setup.

Thanks for your help.

EFI.zip

Edited by geticus

Hello-that is a tricky card and you will need to do some more research- some guys have got that card to work-apparently there are webdrivers and cudadrivers you may need together with Lilu and Whatevergreen which i see you already have-also does it have a Kepler chip or later?-or it will not be supported in newer versions of Mac Os (like Catalina or Big Sur) but i guess Sierra is fine for Pascal or Maxwell. I have attached an EFI folder from someone who claims to have got it running ( his is a Ryzentosh- but the configplist edits might help)-best of luck-also make sure you disable the integrated GPU and run the installer with only the discrete nvidia GPU enabled

EFI.zip

Edited by ndungu6678

Thank you guys, much appreciate

Anyway I gave up on Opencore for now and managed to boot my High Sierra partition with the good old Clover.
Now everything is fine except USB 3, I only have USB 2, I tried with Hakintool and USB.map but without success. Whatever I do with the USB flash drive, I can change the port, but it always appears in two different places only in usb.map and nothing appears in XCH in IORegistryExplorer.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, Hervé said:

The info displayed at the point where you get stuck is indicative of graphics not initializing. GTX 1060 is Pascal generation and Pascal cards require the nVidia Web Driver (with support limited to Sierra and High Sierra), since they're not natively supported.

You would probably need to boot with nVidia graphics disabled initially and, once you reach the High Sierra desktop, download the Web Driver applicable to your High Sierra build and install it. You should then obtain graphics acceleration with the relevant boot arg as described in Dortania's documentation. However, that documentation states that GP104/GDDR5X variants of the GTX 1060 are not supported by the Web Drivers so you could find yourself out of luck...

https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html#pascal-series-gtx-10xx

I don't know what to say, I can use my 1060 with 6Go of RAM without any problem...

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 21.53.26.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 21.52.43.png

Edited by geticus