Jump to content

Can't install or update Big sur, it reboots.


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there,
is there anyone who can help me with installing big sur?
The problem is this: after installing the system on the ssd (when there are 12 minutes left, it restarts by itself) I try to boot from the usb key indicating the partition in which I have installed Big Sur, the system loads, the apple logo appears but shortly thereafter the status bar stops progressing and the system reboots by itself. I've tried tons of config.plists and settings (quirks and more) but I've been getting the same result for about a month now.
I tried both with OC (all versions up to 0.6.4) and with CLOVER version 5127.
What should I do ? Please help me.


My hardware configuration is as follows:
Asus z97-k / usb3.1
intel i5-4590 Haswell
16GB Corsair ram
Crucial MX-500 SSD
AORUS Radeon RX-570

Thanks in advance

 

I attach config.plist, photos and video.

 

Spoiler

 

Before apple logo 2.jpg

Before apple logo 3.jpg

Before apple logo.jpg

Verbose after logo apple 2.jpg

Verbose after logo apple 3.jpg

Verbose after logo apple.jpg

Schermata 2020-12-28 alle 14.09.17.png

 

 

Edited by fredmengoni

Hello, I had an i7 + asus maximus hero z97, and it was also impossible for me to install big sur, I tested it on a gigabyte z97 ud3h board and it worked for me at the 1st ... I think it's more complicated on asus, but no impossible.

Regards.

Edited by AlbertXxX

I had similar issues on my X570 plus WiFi board. Go into your BIOS settings, Advanced Mode (F7), Advanced menu. Find the Onboard Devices menu. Look for the serial port option and disable it. Hit F10 to save the BIOS config. This helped me, I hope it helps you too...

The problem is that Big Sur relies on NATIVE nvram to finish the installation. Otherwise you will get stuck at stage 2. This problems occurs on Asus Z97 and soe HEDT motherboards. There are two ways to fix it. 

  1. Take out the disk drive and perform the installation on a different pc (or a real Mac). Then put it back.  Your computer can run Big Sur but it can't finish the installation. 
  2. Or you can fix the nvram yourself. More info here

This information is from the OpenCore guide. 

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#asus-z97-and-hedt-ie-x99-and-x299-failing-stage-2-installation

 

 

Note that this problem exists on all motherboards without working nvram (like mine too :/)

 

Hope this helped :D

17 hours ago, rthpjm said:

I had similar issues on my X570 plus WiFi board. Go into your BIOS settings, Advanced Mode (F7), Advanced menu. Find the Onboard Devices menu. Look for the serial port option and disable it. Hit F10 to save the BIOS config. This helped me, I hope it helps you too...

 

On 12/29/2020 at 7:04 PM, AlbertXxX said:

Hello, I had an i7 + asus maximus hero z97, and it was also impossible for me to install big sur, I tested it on a gigabyte z97 ud3h board and it worked for me at the 1st ... I think it's more complicated on asus, but no impossible.

Regards.

 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:23 PM, fredmengoni said:

Hi there,
is there anyone who can help me with installing big sur?
The problem is this: after installing the system on the ssd (when there are 12 minutes left, it restarts by itself) I try to boot from the usb key indicating the partition in which I have installed Big Sur, the system loads, the apple logo appears but shortly thereafter the status bar stops progressing and the system reboots by itself. I've tried tons of config.plists and settings (quirks and more) but I've been getting the same result for about a month now.
I tried both with OC (all versions up to 0.6.4) and with CLOVER version 5127.
What should I do ? Please help me.

config.plist
My hardware configuration is as follows:
Asus z97-k / usb3.1
intel i5-4590 Haswell
16GB Corsair ram
Crucial MX-500 SSD
AORUS Radeon RX-570

Thanks in advance

 

I attach config.plist, photos and video.

 

  Hide contents

 

Before apple logo 2.jpg

Before apple logo 3.jpg

Before apple logo.jpg

Verbose after logo apple 2.jpg

Verbose after logo apple 3.jpg

Verbose after logo apple.jpg

Schermata 2020-12-28 alle 14.09.17.png

 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...