Issue FakeID with OpenCore

4 posts in this topic

I had my Radeon RX 550 lexa (699f) working flawlessly in Mojave with Clover faking ID to 67ff.

The hackintosh is a VM of ProxmoxVE with the GPU passed via PCIPassThrough. 

Now with OpenCore is completely impossible to fake the ID.

I tried ACPI GPU Spoof = fail.

OpenCore Device Properties = fail

In case you wonder I opened OpenCore configurator, went to device properties, added the correct pci root, created a new key with data FF67, saved, booted and fail. 

If I disable SIP, reboot into Mojave Recovery Partition, modify the kexts adding 0x699F1002 to the info.plist, rebuild cache and boot into Mojave again the card is detected and graphics acceleration works fine. But I don't want to have a non vanilla partition. And I want Opencore.

I tried adding the correspondant kexts to /EFI/OC/Kexts, enabled them in OC Configurator but OC says invalid parameter of the injected graphics kexts.

What I'm doing wrong? I'm with this problem since one week ago! Tried everything! In sysinfo, card never gets the ID 67ff. Device properties are injected correctly, because the name of the card changes in sysinfo. I mean, is the correct PCIRoot.

OpenCore is 0.6.4.

Kexts loaded are Lilu and WhatEverGreen, in that order. No need to have FakeSMC or VirtualSMC cause is a qemu virtual machine. SMC is declared in the configuration of the VM. 

Never needed any kind of SMC to boot a qemu hackintosh, in case is the first thing you are going to say.

So, I'm in a dead point right now. Read the entire internet and can't find a solution or a tip to know what I'm doing wrong. 

There is a lot of documentation about OpenCore. Too much. And near nothing about faking the device-id. 

I will kill myself. 

Thanks.

Edited by fantomas
Please, be polite in a public forum. All f*** and sh** will not bring you more help. Thank you.

If using device properties, you could try adding an ACPI device where the device is (similar to spoofing through ACPI except not using DTGP/_DSM). If your using ACPI to spoof it, double check your logs to see if you are getting any ACPI errors. That can be done with "log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI" in terminal.

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

This close to XMas ?:shock:

My brother died on Dec 26th. I shall make him company and forgot about this hackintosh stuff. It's eating my life bite by bite.
Or better, I shall patch OVMF in Proxmox to be able to use Clover again. But I just don't want. I have the intuition OpenCore is better. But this FakeID stuff really drops its prestige to the far bottom.

2 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

If using device properties, you could try adding an ACPI device where the device is (similar to spoofing through ACPI except not using DTGP/_DSM). If your using ACPI to spoof it, double check your logs to see if you are getting any ACPI errors. That can be done with "log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI" in terminal.

Any detailed instructions for this lost soul?