AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro WIFI, Ultra, Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

53 posts in this topic

OpenCore EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 1st March 2021 

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

• AMD Patches Updated for Big Sur 11.3 Compatibility
  • Lilu 1.5.1
  • AppleALC 1.5.8,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.8,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.1,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.7 (Big Sur 11.3 Ready),
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext Dropped (No Longer Needed With Big Sur)
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • DRM For AppleTV is now fully working,
  • OC 0.6.7 has corrected the SetupVirtualMap Quirk to work with X570 boards again allowing me to Enable it,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.7 - 01/03/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 067 EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.6.7, SMBios iMacPro1,1

IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled

IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS. I HAVE DISCOVERED A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE GIGABYTE BIOS EFFECTING THE GPU PERFORMANCE AND THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT WAS TO DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS AND TO ADD THE BOOT ARGUMENT npci=0x2000 TO THE CONFIG.PLIST.

Note 2 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 3 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 4 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.6. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Additional Downloads

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks Bud, That’s kind of you to say so.

Its very quiet over here for AMD stuff. Check out my thread over at AMD-OSX where it’s a different story and super busy.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/audiogods-gigabyte-aorus-x570-pro-pro-wifi-ultra-big-sur-opencore-0-6-7-efi.1344/

Hmmm well as it's just you me and some tumbleweeds I'll head over there and check that thread out. :)

Problem is everything just works so I don't really have much to say apart from thanks. :thumbsup_anim: 

18 minutes ago, jimborae said:

Hmmm well as it's just you me and some tumbleweeds I'll head over there and check that thread out. :)

Problem is everything just works so I don't really have much to say apart from thanks. :thumbsup_anim: 

:hysterical: It’s not that bad on the download front for the EFI on here. 0.6.6 did just under 100 downloads. That’s a lot lower then the Z390 Master and Pro EFIs but respectable all the same its just nobody comments on the thread. That’s a good thing I guess as no news is good news.

Over on AMD-OSX however is a different story all together. The X570 EFI is out downloading my Master EFI and nearly matching the Pro EFI and it’s loud on there with voices..lol

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Thanks Bud, That’s kind of you to say so.

Its very quiet over here for AMD stuff. Check out my thread over at AMD-OSX where it’s a different story and super busy.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/audiogods-gigabyte-aorus-x570-pro-pro-wifi-ultra-big-sur-opencore-0-6-7-efi.1344/

Read. Very instructive. And a very very good article, as always.

Edited by miliuco

@AudioGod Awesome build and documentation!  Was Apple Watch Unlock OOB because of the WiFi/Bluetooth card you chose (ABWB BCM94360CS2) or did you need to do/configure something special to get this working with your hack?  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

@AudioGod Awesome build and documentation!  Was Apple Watch Unlock OOB because of the WiFi/Bluetooth card you chose (ABWB BCM94360CS2) or did you need to do/configure something special to get this working with your hack?  Thanks!

Nope it worked totally OOB with no messing around to get it working needed. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OpenCore EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 5th April 2021 

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.2,
  • AppleALC 1.5.9,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.8 (Big Sur 11.3 Ready),
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.8 - 05/04/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro & Ultra 068 EFI .zipOpenCore v0.6.8, SMBios iMacPro1,1

IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE

Note 1 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 2 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 3 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.6. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

Additional Downloads

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

Edited March 3 by AudioGod

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 3rd May 2021 

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.0,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.9 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy

IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE

Note 1 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 2 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 3 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.8e4b7919f07ed782aa0dd8162fa46606.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.9 - 03/05/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 069 EFI .zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Cyberdevs You’re very welcome buddy, Anytime my friend. :)

If you ever map out a new USBMap.kext could you pass it on to me and I will add it as an option and expand the thread to include the X570 Elite  as well?

You don’t really need to remap usb saying that as XHC SSDT has you covered.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

@AudioGod

As promised here is my USBMap.kext for my X570 Aorus Elite mainboard it also has my 4 USB3.0 and the USB Type C header ports on Cosmos C700P Black Edition CoolerMaster case. In total I have 13 USB ports active :)

I also attached my version of the EFI folder which is basically a revised version of your EFI :P

USBPorts.kext.zip X570 Aorus Elite OC EFI.zip

• Like 1

Nice one buddy, I will check that out when I finish work.

Why didn’t you map out all USB ports though?

All X570 motherboards have 3 USB controllers with a 15 port limit on each one not in total so you can happily fully map USB with no need to worry about any port limits.

• Like 1

@Cyberdevs Just looking though your EFI and I see you switched to MacPro7,1. I use 7,1 on my X570-E build myself, Good move but also you can drop SSDT-XHC when using 7,1 and use the USB Controllers with no name changes needed keeping it all as true to the original ASPI as you can. Mind you its totally optional as the SSDT works just fine with 7,1 to but its unnecessary. 

You can also drop the Kext SMCAMDProcessor if you want to as I find CPU performance is ever so slightly better without the kext. 

My next Gigabyte X570 Pro EFI release will be minus that kext and with RestrictEvents added to it, I would switch it up to 7,1 as well but the EFI is too popular over on AMDOSX for me to mess with it like that and annoy a load of users so 1,1 stay it must..lol 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.5 Ready), 7th June 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

Changes made include,

• SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Note 1 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 2 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 3 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 4 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

image.png.26e2569df76507f38c92ea1fccbfae31.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.0 - 07/06/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 070 EFI.zip

SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 Conversion Kit

Gigabyte X570 Pro 1,1 Conversion Kit.zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Ready), 5th July 2021

Changes made include,

• SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.7.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port or WiFi instead.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.1 SMBIOS MacPro7,1 - 05/07/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 071 EFI.zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta 4 Ready), 2nd August 2021 

Changes made include,

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.5,
  • AppleALC 1.6.3,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.2,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.6,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta4 Compatible,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.2 (Monterey Beta 4 Ready),
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,

Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under Misc->Security Change SecureBootModel=Default to j160 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0.

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the three algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing B8000000 0000/BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to B8 <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCount Hexadecimal
6 Core 06
8 Core 08
12 Core 0C
16 Core 10
32 Core 20

So for example a 6 Core 5600X Replace value would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

12 Core EXAMPLE

774437537_Screenshot2021-08-02at20_32_51.thumb.png.00cf535b123ccb1893dc939ecfeb6a2c.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.2 - 02/06/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 072 EFI.zip

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta 6 Ready), 7th September 2021 

Changes made include,

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.4,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.3,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.4,
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta 6 Compatible,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.3 (Monterey Beta 6 Ready),
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,

Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under Misc->Security Change SecureBootModel=Default to j160 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0.

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CORE COUNT FOR YOUR CPU
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the three algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing B8000000 0000/BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to B8 <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCount Hexadecimal
6 Core 06
8 Core 08
12 Core 0C
16 Core 10
32 Core 20

So for example a 6 Core 5600X Replace value would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

12 Core EXAMPLE

774437537_Screenshot2021-08-02at20_32_51.thumb.png.00cf535b123ccb1893dc939ecfeb6a2c.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.3 - 07/09/2021

Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 073 EFI.zip