[GUIDE] Upgrading Clover for mac11+ compatibility using OpenRuntime and Quirks (r5123+)

Guest 5T33Z0
102 posts in this topic

Guest 5T33Z0

@oldman20 Why are there DeviceProperties for an HD4000 in this config???

Recheck all device propertis, all kernel and kext patches and Quirks. There are errors on top of errors in this config and I won't fix them for you.

7 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@chummdoggin Well, if you would have thoroughly read my upgrade guide you would have known all this. You want to use dusty old Aptio Memory Fixes, use Clover r5123.1 https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5123.1

Everything else must be a config error.

Hey thanks so much for all the contributions. Could not get the validator thing to work as of yet but will figure it out. Following the guide has enabled booting 10.15 with open runtime.

surprise surprise huh? thanks again!

9 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Everything else must be a config error.

Tried to change CsrActiveConfig to something I thought would enable updates but got the "This version is not supported on this platform" Currently reading 0xA87

Booter config 0x28 HWTarget blank

Edited by chummdoggin

25 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Thanks of course, but really just trying for the value that enables software update to operate. Not sure which value that is. Flag/Function don't indicate which enables this. 

Thinking further, I see how there could end up being too much duplication on line asking a question like this. I could have searched that issue and found some reading.

Edited by chummdoggin

Guest ricoc90
44 minutes ago, chummdoggin said:

Tried to change CsrActiveConfig to something I thought would enable updates but got the "This version is not supported on this platform" Currently reading 0xA87

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. "This version is not supported on this platform" means that you are trying to install a macOS version that is not supported on the SMBios that you are using. It has nothing to do with csr.

Either use -no_compat_check as a boot-flag or change your SMBios to one from a device that is actually supported by the macOS version that you are trying to install.

1 hour ago, ricoc90 said:

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. "This version is not supported on this platform" means that you are trying to install a macOS version that is not supported on the SMBios that you are using. It has nothing to do with csr.

Either use -no_compat_check as a boot-flag or change your SMBios to one from a device that is actually supported by the macOS version that you are trying to install.

-no_compat_check works in the clover options but though its in the config, it does not use the arg. Oddly in the clover boot screen none of the boot args from the config are there!

Guest ricoc90
2 minutes ago, chummdoggin said:

Oddly in the clover boot screen none of the boot args from the config are there!

Are there any other Clover folders present other than the one you are booting from?

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

So take the value you want from hex storage and add it to any other value you want then covert to hex and you have your value for clover CsrActiveconfig then? In the spreadsheet it looks like you added them all up and got the value at the end of having all activated. I use 10.15 and the end result if all are active is 2047 and converted to hex its 0x7FF but using the value there is no software update happening. Do I need to leave out one of them such as "allow apple internal" the guide said that was for 11/12 only?

21 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Are there any other Clover folders present other than the one you are booting from?

There is the one on the usb that works in case something goes wrong. then the one on the hard drive but they have the same behavior.

15 hours ago, oldman20 said:

nothing worked automatic, only boot and show macos part when load apfsdriver manual by hand in efi shell

already report in Clover Thread

It looks like one of partitions formatted wrongly so APFS driver crashes. Use clear disk and choose Erase drive in DiskUtility.

Guest 5T33Z0
8 hours ago, chummdoggin said:

-no_compat_check works in the clover options but though its in the config, it does not use the arg. Oddly in the clover boot screen none of the boot args from the config are there!

You can not download System Updates with -no_compat_check enabled! Disable it!

Pick an SMBIOS which is supported by High Sierra. Here is an SMBIOS Compatibilty Chart

IF your current SMBIOS is supported by High Sierra (and MacBookPro9,2 is supported), then update the BIOS/Firmware Section of your SMBIOS so you can install updates. (You have the link to the guide).

If you don't understand how to calculate a csr-active config use one of the following (or leave it empty):

• High Sierra: 0x3FF
  • Mojave/Catalina: 0x7FF (Updates work fine with this. I am using it myself)
  • Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura: 0x867

Perform an NVRAM reset.

And if there's something wrong with the partitions you have to fix this first. Continue the discussion for fixing your computer in the thread you already created. This thread here is for Upgrading Clover and not for fixing your computer!

Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

Doesn't matter in Catalina but whatever. It's only relevant from Big Sur and newer!

Edited by 5T33Z0

Guest 5T33Z0

Good for you. Still: I have been using 0x7FF for YEARS on Catalina without having ANY problems downloaiding System Updates. As a matter of fact I just installed the latest Catalina Securiity update last week.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:18 PM, 5T33Z0 said:

@oldman20 Why are there DeviceProperties for an HD4000 in this config???

Recheck all device propertis, all kernel and kext patches and Quirks. There are errors on top of errors in this config and I won't fix them for you.

Ok, maybe smt not clean, but I using it to boot mac on other device (dell 3543) over year without issue in my knowledge. 

I realized if boot Clover via Opencore, macos partition appeared and booted into mac

So I think the problem of not booting into GUI Clover when ApfsDriverLoader exists in drivers folder is not caused by config.plist 

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 10:00 PM, Guest 5T33Z0 said:

SORRY FOR OFF-TOPIC

Simple heads-up about Darkwake

Since Bis Sur those values are no longer valid

so you should update or eventually state that latest system using them is Catalina.

actual new values are

PROMOTION_NONE - 0x0
PROMOTION_EARLY - 0x1
PROMOTION_LATE - 0x2
PROMOTION_MASK - 0x3
ALARM_IS_DARK - 0x100
AUDIO_NOT_SUPPRESSED - 0x200
USER_WAKE_WORKAROUND - 0x1000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAbyOne said:

SORRY FOR OFF-TOPIC

Simple heads-up about Darkwake

Since Bis Sur those values are no longer valid

so you should update or eventually state that latest system using them is Catalina.

actual new values are

PROMOTION_NONE - 0x0
PROMOTION_EARLY - 0x1
PROMOTION_LATE - 0x2
PROMOTION_MASK - 0x3
ALARM_IS_DARK - 0x100
AUDIO_NOT_SUPPRESSED - 0x200
USER_WAKE_WORKAROUND - 0x1000

OK, and how to use these values?

2 hours ago, Slice said:

OK, and how to use these values?

all I could get since is..

PROMOTION = old HID

kDarkWakeFlagPromotionNone       = 0x0000, // disables darkwake
kDarkWakeFlagPromotionEarly      = 0x0001, // promote before gfx clamp
kDarkWakeFlagPromotionLate       = 0x0002, // promote after gfx clamp
kDarkWakeFlagPromotionMask       = 0x0003, // To be paired with other values to take effect
kDarkWakeFlagAlarmIsDark         = 0x0100, // No Idea
kDarkWakeFlagAudioNotSuppressed  = 0x0200, // Most likely helps with audio not showing after wake
kDarkWakeFlagUserWakeWorkaround  = 0x1000  // investigating (to be verified maybe it replace Graphics Power State 1,so should enable wake from hibernation and RTC)

calculations:
1. PROMOTION_NONE - 0x0 (0)
2. PROMOTION_EARLY - 0x1 (1)
3. PROMOTION_LATE - 0x2 (2)
4. PROMOTION_MASK - 0x3 (3)
5. ALARM_IS_DARK - 0x100 (256)
6. AUDIO_NOT_SUPPRESSED - 0x200 (512)
7. USER_WAKE_WORKAROUND - 0x1000 (4,096)

Not much more info