[GUIDE] Upgrading Clover for mac11+ compatibility using OpenRuntime and Quirks (r5123+)

Guest 5T33Z0
102 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Vampirexx said:

Привет всем, я устанавливаю bigsur на старую машину с процессором Intel и Intel hd2000 gpu, наконец, я достиг установки с последней версией клевера, но я не могу установить big sur на отформатированном apfs macintosh hd или даже на файловой системе macos jurnal, кажется, ssd только для чтения быть? Какие-то настройки причуд? Smbios imac13,2 для работы gpu

HD2000 does not work in macOS as a full-fledged video card, but it can (and should) be used with an empty frame (0 connectors) for IQSV. Only the HD3000 can work with the monitor.

Installation is possible on the following mac models:
MacBook 8.1 or later
MacBook Air 6.1 or later
MacBook Pro 11.1 or later
Mac mini 7.1 or later
iMac14. 4 or later
macpro1. 1
MacPro6, 1 or later

Edited by Антико
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, Vampirexx said:

Hi all im installing bigsur on an old machine with intel cpu and intel hd2000 gpu finally i reached installstion with clover last version but i cannot install big sur on formatted apfs macintosh hd or even on macos jurnal file system it seems a read only ssd what might be? Some quirks settings? Smbios imac13,2 to make gpu works

If you have problems with GPUs, you can search in the Graphics Cards section.

This topic has nothing to do about GPUs...

I finally get the Clover 5130 to work with my HP EliteBook 820 G3 Skylake i7 6600U HD520 perfectly because I couldn't get OpenCore 0.6.6 to dual boot Windows 10. Clover if you get it working, to me it's much more stable and better with HP laptops. OpenCore and Clover have their + and -, just have to find the best one for my hackintosh. Yes, Big Sur is harder to load and perform perfectly than Catalina.

Cheers,

Louis

configpro132_clover_sample.plist.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think something is still wrong with Clover, it doesn't seem to load the graphics UHD 620 frame buffer as OpenCore 6.4 or 6.6. Use the same iGPU properties for both boot loaders and OpenCore loaded but Clover doesn't. The same clover 5130 loaded fine with 591b on my Envy 13 i7-7500u using macbookpro14,2, but not on Dell i7-8650u 591e.

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.38.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.53.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.54.32 PM.png

On 11/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, 5T33Z0 said:

Background: Since the Pre-Release of Clover r5123, OpenCore's Memory Fixes have been integrated completely into Clover in the form of OpenRuntime.efi, replacing the previous AptioMemoryFixes. Since r5126 these are now obsolete and no longer supported, so an upgrade to v5126 or later is mandatory in order to be able to install and boot macOS Big Sur with Clover.

This guide is for everyone trying to update to the latest Clover version, so they can install and run Big Sur on their Machines. When updating to the latest iteration of Clover, there are several obstacles one can come across along the way. This guide is here to assist users trying to make the switch from the old Clover version with AptioMemoryFixes to the new one with OpenRuntime and Quirks Settings in Clover Configurator....

Although I am an OpenCore user, I have been interested in testing Clover to boot Big Sur. After a few unsuccessful attempts I had stopped trying.
But your guide seemed so clear and simple to me that I have tried again according to your instructions.

I have configured the EFI folder in a few minutes, I have copied it to the test SSD (with Big Sur), I have booted and pressed F11 to clean NVRAM and the system has booted perfectly, everything OK.
The only difference I have observed is that, from the BIOS menu to the boot-loader menu, OpenCore takes less time than Clover, maybe about 2" versus 8".
So you know, this is an excellent guide that has helped me to test Clover with Big Sur in a very simple way.
Congratulations!

Note: I'm using Other as kexts folder. Clover 5132.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

After problems with bluetooth I too tried to install macOS Big Sur with clover 5132, but I didn't succeed, it boots but after reboot the only entry that shows is the install one and my windows 10 in another SSD. After the 3 or 4 try I gave up and resumed the install with OpenCore and the second entry was there from clover and it installed successfully selecting that entry created by clover.

For that reason I attach my EFI folder below and ask if any of you could take a look and tell me what is wrong with it.

Thank you

EFI.zip

41 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

After problems with bluetooth I too tried to install macOS Big Sur with clover 5132, but I didn't succeed, it boots but after reboot the only entry that shows is the install one and my windows 10 in another SSD. After the 3 or 4 try I gave up and resumed the install with OpenCore and the second entry was there from clover and it installed successfully selecting that entry created by clover.

For that reason I attach my EFI folder below and ask if any of you could take a look and tell me what is wrong with it.

Thank you

@MorenoAv You don't have apfsdriverloader.efi in your EFI/CLOVER/Drivers folder. So Clover don't see apfs partition :) Your Openruntime.efi (20ko) is wrong (OC drivers?). You've to use Clover version (8ko)

I think that you have to edit your config.plist and correct it: no SMBIOS. instead of SMBIOS Imac19,1 etc...

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Matgen84,

That did the trick I was able to boot from clover as you can see in the photo below...

PS: After posting the photos I have re read your post and I noticed that you had edited it, after adding the apfsdriverloader.efi I revised the config.plist and noticed that it was empty for whatever reason, and I redid it again, after that it worked right away.

The only thing that I didn't try... yet, is install macOS Big Sur with that clover...

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0219.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Hi did you switch to clover ? ;)

No not yet, I tried to make an usb install with clover, because with OpenCore and I don't know why I lost bluetooth first with the Fenvi T-919 so switched it  for a Bcm943602CS and no bluetooth.

That made me think to try with Clover and see if the bluetooth work again.

In the end I wasn't able to install macOS Big Sur with Clover only was able to start to install and finished with OpenCore, due to its similarities with Clover, and voila I have again bluetooth working...

So for now I continue with OpenCore...

Edited by MorenoAv

20 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks @Matgen84,

That did the trick I was able to boot from clover as you can see in the photo below...

PS: After posting the photos I have re read your post and I noticed that you had edited it, after adding the apfsdriverloader.efi I revised the config.plist and noticed that it was empty for whatever reason, and I redid it again, after that it worked right away.

The only thing that I didn't try... yet, is install macOS Big Sur with that clover...

You're welcome @MorenoAv  If you want to use a Clover Big Sur HD : you can use the @Slice 's csractiveconfig setting to update the OS via Preference/Softwareupdate:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x285</string>

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

No not yet, I tried to make an usb install with clover, because with OpenCore and I don't know why I lost bluetooth first with the Fenvi T-919 so switched it  for a Bcm943602CS and no bluetooth.

That made me think to try with Clover and see if the bluetooth work again.

In the end I wasn't able to install macOS Big Sur with Clover only was able to start to install and finished with OpenCore, due to its similarities with Clover, and voila I have again bluetooth working...

So for now I continue with OpenCore...

Some time ago I used   clover, recently I tried to convert Oc -> Clover just to try, without success, I abandoned the thing :D , thank goodness you solved it with bluetooth

• Like 2

Greetings, I am running a bit nuts on how to get this to work.

I thank you for your instructions. I followed it to the letter, but did not boot But it no worky so far.

I am uploading my test pilot config.plist that is on a USB.

What I have so far if you can bear with me a bit:

10.15.7 latest public release ( I think ) I think the rendition is .02? Catalina

Clover 5122 running on normal EFI that is not touched.  Upgraded from Mojave straight. runs and boots everything works so far.

I do have a dead battery so no problems they cost a fortune nowadays.

Originally Installed Rehabman's Project for HP Probook out of his Project which works nicely as long as we stay in Mojave had to make some adjustments to config.plist trial and error for Catalina and install Clover 5122 with some configurations changes.  new versions of drivers as best as possible with latest from clover installer V2.
New versions of kext, unfortunately VoodooPS2controller has a problem with the trackpad so went back to 1.9.2 Rehabman. 2.2.2 broken for trackpad.

I do get hiccups with Catalina on certain things. But other than that everything works with Clover 5122.  I actually have the SDCARD reader working but flaky.

I have installed new version of Clover 5133.  cannot boot in get panics. I was reading where your VoodooPS2 was a problem so I tried that no luck.
When I switch off LapicKernel I get a different boot up and panic screen not the CPU one.  I get the screen where it stops loading the kexts and drivers.

and says last kext loaded:  NoTouchID.kext.  I'm wondering if this kext is any good what's the purpose? Seems a wasted effort.

UPLOADED: USB configs and screen shots of boot and EFI layout

Panic action screen shot

Config.plist

EFI on USB 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.04.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.10.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.10.23 PM.png

config.plist

3 hours ago, makk said:

Greetings, I am running a bit nuts on how to get this to work.

I thank you for your instructions. I followed it to the letter, but did not boot But it no worky so far.

I am uploading my test pilot config.plist that is on a USB.

What I have so far if you can bear with me a bit:

10.15.7 latest public release ( I think ) I think the rendition is .02? Catalina

Clover 5122 running on normal EFI that is not touched.  Upgraded from Mojave straight. runs and boots everything works so far.

I do have a dead battery so no problems they cost a fortune nowadays.

Originally Installed Rehabman's Project for HP Probook out of his Project which works nicely as long as we stay in Mojave had to make some adjustments to config.plist trial and error for Catalina and install Clover 5122 with some configurations changes.  new versions of drivers as best as possible with latest from clover installer V2.
New versions of kext, unfortunately VoodooPS2controller has a problem with the trackpad so went back to 1.9.2 Rehabman. 2.2.2 broken for trackpad.

I do get hiccups with Catalina on certain things. But other than that everything works with Clover 5122.  I actually have the SDCARD reader working but flaky.

I have installed new version of Clover 5133.  cannot boot in get panics. I was reading where your VoodooPS2 was a problem so I tried that no luck.
When I switch off LapicKernel I get a different boot up and panic screen not the CPU one.  I get the screen where it stops loading the kexts and drivers.

and says last kext loaded:  NoTouchID.kext.  I'm wondering if this kext is any good what's the purpose? Seems a wasted effort.

UPLOADED: USB configs and screen shots of boot and EFI layout

Panic action screen shot

Config.plist

EFI on USB 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.04.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.10.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.10.23 PM.png

config.plist 20.34 kB · 1 download

Did you use an EFI folder from someone? Follow the guide in the beginning of this thread. Do you know what you have in the "Other" folder? Do you know what each kext in the "Other" folder is for? Where did you get this config file? What Devices/Properties for graphics? Rehabman guide is old, it won't work with Catalina or Big Sur.

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by ltooz_audis

3 hours ago, ltooz_audis said:

Did you use an EFI folder from someone? Follow the guide in the beginning of this thread. Do you know what you have in the "Other" folder? Do you know what each kext in the "Other" folder is for? Where did you get this config file? What Devices/Properties for graphics? Rehabman guide is old, it won't work with Catalina or Big Sur.

Cheers,

Louis

Thanks I am running Catalina with Clover 5122 no problems.

I am trying to update to Clover 5133 latest with OC Quirks.

With Clover 5133 Panic haven.

See the photo with Panic.

Right now I just booted into Catalina with OC 6.7 but slow as all get up. 

and no icons for drives to pick something wrong with this version. no audio. and no battery on Menu Bar.

what else?  USB is in 2.0 instead of 3.0 

The config is mine.

Slapa dill for ma

On 4/12/2021 at 11:07 PM, makk said:

Thanks I am running Catalina with Clover 5122 no problems.

I am trying to update to Clover 5133 latest with OC Quirks.

With Clover 5133 Panic haven.

See the photo with Panic.

Right now I just booted into Catalina with OC 6.7 but slow as all get up. 

and no icons for drives to pick something wrong with this version. no audio. and no battery on Menu Bar.

what else?  USB is in 2.0 instead of 3.0 

The config is mine.

Slapa dill for ma

Ok fixed running smooth 

NVRAM what at pain! F11 saves the day.

Catalina 10.15.7 and Clover 5133.  No problems.  Boots up pretty fast. 

Just had to use the 5133 Package installer worked like a charm.

Also in Drivers section on EFI need the QCQuirks driver added or won't boot

It was relatively simple and easy with Clover package installer

Just add the drivers.

Take out the Aptiodrivers replace with Openruntime.efi and QCquirks.efi

then it boots.

Read the destructions without using Xcode.  Use Clover Configure and don't add all the other stuff in the destructions at Opencore site.

I personally find Opencore not so good. Too much restrictions pain in the arse.  Like simple.

Thanks for putting up this topic.

Ready for BigSur.

With Big Sur doing a straight upgrade no fresh install. Have to disable the injected kexts in Clover boot menu.

All the fancy stuff has to be disabled. 

Most likely need Atheros Wifi Driver for Big Sur.

Anyone have this for Big Sur?

Edited by makk

Anyone have success yet?

I read somewhere someone installed on Pentium machine.  I have a low end HP but nice.  It has Pentium Silver N5000 Dual core.

Intel UHD 605 Gemini Lake North and South Bridge.  Realtek ALC, Intel Wifi Bluetooth. 

It runs fast and smooth Windows 10 like nothing.  

4mb cache 4 cores, 4 threads with bursts upto 2.70Ghz runs better than older ones.

It just sounds old. But fast.

I've never done this on unsupported but I got an idea using Fake ids for CPU and Graphics.

Not sure what driver would actually work. or what to pick for cpu and graphics.

Thanks

I was unable to install Big Sur,

after 9 minutes rebooted

then to finish the install could not

upon reboot some kexts were not able to load.
Had to disable them in the Clover boot screen.

Had to try three times to install

Stuck on bootup process not getting panics

just stops loading

any help would be greatly appreciated