[GUIDE] How to update Clover for BigSur compatibility (and beyond) using OpenRuntime and Quirks (r5123+)

5T33Z0
81 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Hey @5T33Z0 or @Slice

There's an equivalent of the CsrActiveConfig value on Clover to use at Big Sur?

I ask this because at OC we have different values for each macOS.

At the moment I'm using these values:

<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>

Thank you :)

Slice advised me a few months ago to use 0x285 for Big Sur (it also allows updates to be correct). However, I do not know the details of the parameters. :)

• Thanks 1

• 5T33Z0 changed the title to [GUIDE] How to Update Clover for BigSur Compatibility using OpenRuntime and Quirks (r5123+)

After updating to Clover revision 5135, my boot up screen show 

0:133  0:000  There is problems in plist '\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist'
0:138  0:005  Warning: Unknown key '/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:967'. Skipped.
0:145  0:006  Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:1184'. Skipped.
0:150  0:005  Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable:1227'. Skipped.
0:157  0:006  Use CloverConfigPlistValidator or look in the log

I was able to fix /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:967' and '/Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable:1227'. Skipped. but not '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:1184'.

I enabled DisableRtcChecksum in Quirks reboot and still show that error. I even disabled. same result.

27 minutes ago, loganMac said:

After updating to Clover revision 5135, my boot up screen show 

I was able to fix /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelCpu:967' and '/Quirks/ProvideConsoleGopEnable:1227'. Skipped. but not '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:1184'.

I enabled DisableRtcChecksum in Quirks reboot and still show that error. I even disabled. same result.

Old quirks DisableRtcChecksum was removed and replaced by fix AppleRTC. See page #1 on this thread.

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Old quirks DisableRtcChecksum was removed and replaced by fix AppleRTC. See page #1 on this thread.

I did F11 to clear NVRAM.  I unchecked DisableRtcChecksum and checked AppleRTC.  Same result.  I checked both DisableRtcChecksum and AppleRTC, same result as Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:997'. Skipped.

2 hours ago, loganMac said:

I did F11 to clear NVRAM.  I unchecked DisableRtcChecksum and checked AppleRTC.  Same result.  I checked both DisableRtcChecksum and AppleRTC, same result as Warning: Unknown key '/Quirks/DisableRtcChecksum:997'. Skipped.

Delete DisableRtcChecksum. This quirk is no more available. That's why Clover puts an alert message. :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Great guide. I've now successfully booted big sur with both clover and oc.  Both working great. It's been a while since I posted. I realize my sig needs updating.

Edited by pet1
  • Like 1

• 5T33Z0 changed the title to [GUIDE] How to update Clover for BigSur compatibility (and beyond) using OpenRuntime and Quirks (r5123+)
  • Slice locked and unlocked this topic