Glitch on IGPU of i5-10200H (Unsolvable)

11 posts in this topic

I have a laptop with an i5-10200H which is classified as Comet Lake, and installed MacOS Catalina with OpenCore bootloader.

When the IGPU is spoofed as a Coffee Lake's one (e.g. 0x3E9B), it ends up with a glitch. While other Comet Lake-H IGPUs works well by adding fake device-id and platform-id, the same ids don't work for the 10200H's. 

I have tried any available ig-platform-ids in CFL framebuffer list provided by WhateverGreen Manual, and also changed the DVMT-allocated up to 64MB(MAX), but all these attempts failed. The patches framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem make no effect after I changed DVMT to 64MB. 

The device id of this IGPU is 0x9BA4. 

Edit: After checking some document, maybe this problem is unsolvable because this IGPU is actually a low-end GT1.

I check the document from Intel Graphics for Linux. It seems like the IGPU of i5-10200H (0x9BA4) is the same as Pentium's and Celeron's. As the document  mentions, an Intel GT2 GPU should have 24 CUs while this one only has 12. 

So I think this problem is unsolvable.

cc1f9627ec8dda1b5976cc766f9da2b.jpg

Edited by xcs191
Share my new dicovery

Install the DPCIManger.app and upload the list of installed hardware components. I want to know if this is the Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Info:

• But in order to receive well-founded help, the person seeking help should enter the complete hardware information in the signature!!
  • and upload the complete EFI folder

11 hours ago, spakk said:

Install the DPCIManger.app and upload the list of installed hardware components. I want to know if this is the Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Info:

But in order to receive well-founded help, the person seeking help should enter the complete hardware information in his signature!!

Thanks for your reply.  I downloaded the app from github and here is the screenshot.737511160_ScreenShot2020-10-27at11_15_58PM.thumb.png.5afc79bcaed11c1bcdce9688aa4fb720.png

Signature was updated and EFI was attached.

EFI.zip

Edited by xcs191

test this config.plist with the patch, otherwise you have to use the various device-id's (ig-platform-id) for coffee lake to feel your way until it works, see the listing on the Dortania website under the heading "Patch":

EFI -Test-UHD 630.zip

I try to boot into MacOS with your EFI.  And now there is a backscreen instead. After the logs end, the screen is on with backlight but has no output.  

image.png.decc3ab54baaf5b8ff6d31ff5e4c80e4.png

There are some syntax lost in the config you provided, but it doesn't matter. image.png.46b324856c62c2e3d54d5df783e3e371.png 

Edited by xcs191

Testen Sie diese Config.plist :

config_1.plist

config-1.plist

config.plist

Ich habe die Geräte-ID 9BA4 zu einer der config.plist-Dateien hinzugefügt. Es entspricht nicht den auf der Dortania-Website aufgeführten Geräte-ID-Informationen. Aber bitte überprüfen Sie, ob es funktioniert.  

von meinem Smartphone gesendet

Uh, I have tested all three configs, and it doesn't seem to be a significant improvement. The results are listed below.

config.plist: Able to boot into macOS, but here is still a glitch, the same as my first post. 

config-1.plist: Able to boot into MacOS with 7mb vram.

config_1.plist: Unbootable. OpenCore reports "Failed to parse the config". I checked the config and added those items to my config. But it remains a blackscreen.

IMG_0354.JPG

On 10/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, Hervé said:

"UHD Graphics" iGPU of 10th gen Comet Lake "H" CPUs is indeed understood to be UHD 630. "UHD Graphics" of 10th gen "U" models is understood to be UHD 620.

I agree with that. The IGPUs of other Comet Lake-H CPUs work well by simply faking as 0x3E9B and using ig-platform-id 0x3EA60005. It's strange that the same config doesn't work for 10200H's.

17 hours ago, xcs191 said:

I agree with that. The IGPUs of other Comet Lake-H CPUs work well by simply faking as 0x3E9B and using ig-platform-id 0x3EA60005. It's strange that the same config doesn't work for 10200H's.

I made a careless mistake when writing the device id in Config-1.plist. Please use PlistEditor Pro or CloverConfigurator.app to correct the wrong value from 9B4A to ==> 9BA4 then test the Config.plist

image.png

Edit:In addition, change this patched AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext for the existing one in System/Library/Extensions

(rename the old driver to AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.bak) and restart your macOS system. 
AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext_for Device 9BA4.zip

On 10/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, spakk said:

I made a careless mistake when writing the device id in Config-1.plist. Please use PlistEditor Pro or CloverConfigurator.app to correct the wrong value from 9B4A to ==> 9BA4 then test the Config.plist

image.png

Edit:In addition, change this patched AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext for the existing one in System/Library/Extensions

(rename the old driver to AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.bak) and restart your macOS system. 
AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext_for Device 9BA4.zip

I changed the patched AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, rebuilt the kext cache and edited the config like this one. However, nothing happened and remains no acceleration in the end. Reversing the id as 0000A49B is helpless, either.

Maybe the problem isn't related to improper platform-id but the IGPU itself. 

IMG_0368.JPG