Open source cross-platform plist file editor: Xplist

ic005k

154 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Oh, this is a simple question. Just create a new child under the array, paste a dict or something else on it, and delete the new child when you're done.
I may consider adding a "Paste Sub-item" function later, thanks for the feedback!

Yes, paste as subitem is the absent feature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ic005k said:

* New: Paste as child
* Optimized: plist text display

Tested but got wrong result

Text widows shows structure before Cut/Paste. Main window shows something wrong. Text window was not updated?

Снимок экрана 2021-02-22 в 8.55.14.png

After "save" it is updated and I see

<key>RenameDevices</key>
            <array>
                <string>ARPT</string>
            </array>

<key> was lost.

There is absent a feature to Copy/Paste/Cut the whole <dict>

1 hour ago, Slice said:

There is absent a feature to Copy/Paste/Cut the whole <dict>

The whole dict is copy/pasteable. But as you can see from the diagram, you are turning a dict into an array?
It is actually very simple, create a new RenameDevices array, you just need to cut and paste the previous RenameDevices dict directly as a child of the RenameDevices array, see the following figure.

1.thumb.png.a1381ef68f3eb87c017844c0229d0e40.png

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, ic005k said:

The whole dict is copy/pasteable. But as you can see from the diagram, you are turning a dict into an array?
It is actually very simple, create a new RenameDevices array, you just need to cut and paste the previous RenameDevices dict directly as a child of the RenameDevices array, see the following figure.

1.thumb.png.a1381ef68f3eb87c017844c0229d0e40.png

Previous RenameDevices dict contains several pairs of <key>+<string> and I wish to copy one pair.

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Previous RenameDevices dict contains several pairs of <key>+<string> and I wish to copy one pair.

Then first create a new child of data type dict below the array, and then paste a string entry as that child.

3 minutes ago, ic005k said:

Then first create a new child of data type dict below the array, and then paste a string entry as that child.

It will copy only value while more interesting is to copy <key>.

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

It will copy only value while more interesting is to copy <key>.

There are two types of arrays.
1. Arrays with key, when Item must be dict

array1.thumb.png.b1874f4a1b6d2b69100b78cdc7695c41.png

2. Arrays without key

array2.thumb.png.42b1f8203bdc0b17664291b55132e473.png

By the above diagram, you can see the difference between them.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:10 PM, ic005k said:

There are two types of arrays.
1. Arrays with key, when Item must be dict

array1.thumb.png.b1874f4a1b6d2b69100b78cdc7695c41.png

2. Arrays without key

array2.thumb.png.42b1f8203bdc0b17664291b55132e473.png

By the above diagram, you can see the difference between them.

Version 1.0.35? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

* Added: Search result window display
* New: Add aml, kext, efi files for OpenCore. The operation is very simple, take ACPI as an example: select Add under ACPI, drag and drop one or more aml files to the app window.

Hi @ic005k

I've a problem with latest 1.0.37 (maybe with previous version, I don't know). 

I open an existing config.plist correctly. When I want to create a new one in another tab, it keep text windows of the previous tab (file).

Sorry for my bad English.

Spoiler

1702421813_Capturedcran2021-03-1108_40_10.png.9b1f5d01ec0b86c196498ee158b5cc9c.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I open an existing config.plist correctly. When I want to create a new one in another tab, it keep text windows of the previous tab (file).

Oh, this is a bug. The next version will fix it. Thanks for your feedback.

* Fix: the plist text window cannot be cleared when creating a new file.
* Change: when a new entry is added, it will be located immediately.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

This problem has been fixed, please download the latest version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello @ic005k

Freshly installed Windows 7 and run PlistEDPlus, got missing msvcr100.dll error when trying to check updates.
Maybe you can include "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" link in the readme as requirements, or include msvcr100.dll on your next zip distribution?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cecekpawon said:

Hello @ic005k

Freshly installed Windows 7 and run PlistEDPlus, got missing msvcr100.dll error when trying to check updates.
Maybe you can include "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" link in the readme as requirements, or include msvcr100.dll on your next zip distribution?

OK, I have not found this dependency since I have not been testing the app on Windows outside of Win10. I will add the msvcr100.dll file inside the next version, thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, cecekpawon said:

I have included the msvcr100.dll in the software package and repackaged it for uploading. Please download the test to see if there are any problems.

https://github.com/ic005k/PlistEDPlus/releases/download/1.0.39/PlistEDPlus-win.7z