Can´t install Big Sur on Aorus Z390 Master

kierownik

11 posts in this topic

I have successfully run Catalina with Opencore following these great instruction. BIOS settings are also from the same manual:

I have tried to install BigSur (download on 20/10/20) on separate SSD with the same Efi from the post:

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.2 - 05/10/2020 (Big Sur Ready)

OpenCore 062 Z390 Master 19,1 051020.zip - OpenCore v0.6.2, SMBios iMac19,1

but I only got to the gray screen, then the computer hung up.

After that I tried to install with the EFI from this post:

I got a little further, was able to format the hard drive and installation began. But every time the installation stops at about 14% and the computer restarts. What do I have to change in the EFI or BIOS to make the installation successful? Which file should I use?

I wanted to ask directly in the Topic but as a newbie I can't post there, hope to get help from you here. Thank you.

It's been reported if you leave the language section in the config.plist blank, you end up in a stall with a grey screen. Considering some previous Betas had a bug with other languages other than English but reportedly fixed in Beta10.

• Like 1

I tried again with the EFI:

At 14% of the installation, the computer restarts and that's it. The computer boots into the Opencore. There is no Big Sur disk there that you can click to continue, just the usual Install macOS Big Sur Beta from USB. When I boot into Catalina there is also nothing on the SSD hard drive selected for the BigSur installation either. Please help!

@kierownik - Your config.plist in the EFI Folder is missing a lot of information, head over here on I/M - 'AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion' - for everything to get up and running like correct BIOS setup and a working OC EFI Folder including correct USB mapped ports.

Here is the link to Audiogod - 

PS where is the Generic entry for your Mac Model it is missing from your config.plist. Ditch your whole EFI Folder and use the one from Audiogod for the iMac 19.1 and you'll be sorted no problem.

Spoiler

930110013_Screenshot2020-10-21at16_09_59.thumb.png.53d4b005ac1f952bfb1152e7e6c43155.png

Edited by eSaF

On 10/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, kierownik said:

I have successfully run Catalina with Opencore following these great instruction. BIOS settings are also from the same manual:

I have tried to install BigSur (download on 20/10/20) on separate SSD with the same Efi from the post:

but I only got to the gray screen, then the computer hung up.

After that I tried to install with the EFI from this post:

I got a little further, was able to format the hard drive and installation began. But every time the installation stops at about 14% and the computer restarts. What do I have to change in the EFI or BIOS to make the installation successful? Which file should I use?

I wanted to ask directly in the Topic but as a newbie I can't post there, hope to get help from you here. Thank you.

you are using A Z390 Motherboard. EFI made  on Z490 for Z490.Gigabyte Master. the chip set is different

try using a EFI for your mother board first

Edited by BALDY_MAN

17 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

you are using A Z390 Motherboard. EFI made  on Z490 for Z490.Gigabyte Master. the chip set is different

try using a EFI for your mother board first

SOLVED. It Was a not supported SSD

Samsung pm981 MZVLB256HAHQ makes problems, its better to use it for windows installation

• Like 1