InsanelyMac Forum
H@ns

Open ATi Mobilty Radeon 7500's QE!

If you have an ATi Mobility Radeon7500 card. Now you can open QE(but also no CI) with this driver package. Use the guide document in the package to install the driver.

But I found a problem, the "Callisto.kext" file in this driver package has been changed . So you also need the "callisto.kext" file in the callisto006 driver package.Then replace this file in the "./system/library/extensions/",I'm chinese,so I hope you can understand my English,:)

ATi_7500_Pack download link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29425167/ATI_7500_Pack.dmg.html

Omni006 driver download link:

http://omni.starchaser.org/callisto/

I don't know how to paste picture here, so i give you a link below,click it you can open my topic in a Chinese Forum. There you can find my two screenshots. i hope you can understand my Chinese-English,haha!! :excl:

http://bbs.think-different.cn/thread-492-1-4.html

post-64919-1164879202_thumb.jpg

Advertisement
Looks like someone put it back up on RapidShare.

Link can be found in the original thread.

Are you sure? I've been getting file not found on rapidshare....

If anyone wants to help me out <cough> my T40 is really looking for some QE goodness....

//R

Are you sure? I've been getting file not found on rapidshare....

If anyone wants to help me out <cough> my T40 is really looking for some QE goodness....

//R

Yes, I am sure.

Yes, I am sure.

Of course, I was following the original link and giving up. A bit of perseverence (and reading) goes a long way.

QE now enabled....yay.

Thanks....

//R

Can this method also be applied to the ati_8500.kext package so all radeon 9200 cards and up can enjoy QE too ?

Maybe you can explain what you did ? :censored2:

Would be GREAT !

Can this method also be applied to the ati_8500.kext package so all radeon 9200 cards and up can enjoy QE too ?

Maybe you can explain what you did ? :rolleyes:

Would be GREAT !

We have to get hardware OpenGL working first...

is that ever gonna happen ?

It looks like someone is going to have to write a new .kext to do it. So the answer is, "Probably not."

But if it DOES end up happening, it won't be any time soon.

I tried this and the resolution worked. However, I see 2 mouse pointers on the screen???? I can click but it clicks on a different spot than what the mouse pointer shows up at. Any Ideas what is happening? BTW, since the callisto website is down, I just used the kext that came with the installer package. Please help it is almost impossible to guess where the mouse will click.

I have an update. Looks like under the Display options, when I pick "thousands" under color, I see two pointers. The reason why I picked the "thousands" option was that everytime I would go to my LCDs native resolution of 1400x1050 with "Millions" selected for colors, I would get a garbled up screen. It was so distorted that I could not see anything. If I picked the "thousands" colors option, I could get the 1400x1050 res but the mouse pointer was messed up. So for now, I am using 1280x1024 with 60HZ and Millions of colors. Does anyone know How I can go to the higher 1400x1050 res without losing the desktop? Is there any way to chage to a color depth lower taht n"millions" but higher than "thousands"? or lowering the refresh rate below 60HZ under 1400x1050? Right now, under that res, all the lower refresh rates are greyed out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Could anyone paste the README from the .dmg because something went wrong and i need to take out the files, but can't open the dmg cause im on windows

thanks

Alrighty, installed the pack and callisto but still no luck

edited agpgart, callistohal, and atiradeonga.plugin

cant think of anything else

callisto loads fine on boot, but no QE

Alrighty, installed the pack and callisto but still no luck

edited agpgart, callistohal, and atiradeonga.plugin

cant think of anything else

callisto loads fine on boot, but no QE

I have the same problem.

I installed Callisto and Ati Radeon Pack fine. I can change my resolution now but QE still isn't working. . .

Help?!

install the OpenGL.framework from the ATI dmg

I have the same problem.

I installed Callisto and Ati Radeon Pack fine. I can change my resolution now but QE still isn't working. . .

Help?!

Can anyone post a solid post that solves this problem? If I knew what to do I would post it, but I don't.

Me too,

I m looking for a solution to active QE on my system (jas 10.4.8 Intel SSE3) but I dont find, I m completely lost in this forum.

Anyone can post a complete post with files, plz .....

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Got a Thinkpad T40 ...

followed the instructions to replace and modify the ATI 7500 pack with the callisto 006 files.

System Profilier now shows the Radeon 7500 but still no QE enabled and my Bus is PCI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have the same Problem: After installing no QE support. And why stands there PCI Bus? It is an AGP card. Could be that the problem?

Hi,

Got a Thinkpad T40 ...

followed the instructions to replace and modify the ATI 7500 pack with the callisto 006 files.

System Profilier now shows the Radeon 7500 but still no QE enabled and my Bus is PCI.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I installed it using the package provided from the XxX 10.4.11 DVD, ATI_7500 + Calllisto B006 + AGPGART 2.1 ... now have QE :P No odd screen artifacts either.

AGPGart is an important part of this, the dmg for the ATI_7500 has all the other files in it.

homer scream , i know this is an old thread but id love these files ...

cheers to anyone ... ive found the ati 7500 but not the calisto ones ..