Patching Intel UHD 630 iGPU for Displayport/HDMI to DVI Cable

Guest 5T33Z0

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Hackintosh Built to a Gigabyte Z490 Vision G with an i9 10850K CPU.

Everything is working fine so far using OpenCore. But I am having issues with the HDMI and DisplayPort of the iGPU. I tried several patches using Hackintool to get either HDMI to DVI Cable or DisplayPort to DVI cable to work, but every time I boot, the Monitor turns off. I don't know how to fix it. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

EFI_Z490_VisionG_0.6.1_nightly.zip

HDMI Patch.plist

Take a look at my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini thread where I patched UHD 630 for DP->DVI cable.  From what I have observed, the keys to success with UHD 630 when using adapters (e.g. DP->HDMI or DP->DVI) are as follows:

• Read and refer to these references
  • Choose connector BusIDs based on the converted type and not on the connector type on your motherboard (e.g. if you are using a DP->HDMI adapter, select a valid BusID for HDMI)
  • Choose the connector type based on the converted type and not on the connector type on your motherboard (e.g. if you are using a DP->DVI adapter, select connector type DVI and not DP)
  • To avoid an AppleALC kernel panic on wake from sleep, you may need to add HDA property no-hda-gfx as I have described in my thread
  • If using multiple displays, add boot-arg igfxagdc=0
  • Enable remote access to your hack so that you can "Remote Desktop" into your system when it boots to black screen.

I have tried to make my HP EliteDesk thread a guide specifically for the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini and a general educational reference, so I would suggest reading the following posts in my thread:

Edited by tonyx86