Kernel panic on shutdown (Clover + Mojave)

Forzenny

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I managed to install Mojave on my MSI GP62-6QE laptop with somewhat success. The only annoying thing left is that everytime I shut it down it seemingly kernel panics and I get the "Your computer has restarted because of a problem" at startup.

I tried many different things such as removing emuvariablesuefi64, checking FixShutdown in CloverConfig but it seems the NVRAM is causing this issue.

I have deleted the nvram file from the EFI partition but it seems stuck somewhere else, I can't clear out the nvram from the terminal or in single user mode as it returns a "Not permitted" error.

Clearing out the nvram by pressing F11 at the boot menu screen works however.

crashlog.rtf

My bad, I forgot to post the specs. Here they are:

CPU: Intel i5-6300HQ 

RAM: 12Gb DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 950M (Not used in macOS) + Intel HD 530

Wifi/Bluetooth: TP-Link USB Dongle/Integrated Intel Bluetooth thing

Ethernet: Killer Ethernet (Atheros E2200)

Motherboard: Proprietary MSI Intel-based laptop mainboard

EFI folder available here

Can confirm, I do have native USB 3.0 support, which worked out of the box I'd say, graphics acceleration works like a charm and detects my HD 530 properly.

I cleared out the config.plist and the duplicate kexts. Cleared out the NVRAM, however it continues crashing.

After running nvram -p in the terminal, I can see that the aapl,panic-info line is really full, which makes me think the nvram is at fault and not clearing out properly.

config.plist

crashlog.rtf

I think I found out another thing that was wrong with it! It seems that the nvram had somehow wrote itself into the BIOS of my laptop and was being used on each boot. After clearing out the CMOS, I don't appear to experience kernel panics at startup and the NVRAM is free of kernel panics!

Merci beaucoup de l'aide! :happymac: