OC 0.6.1 Snow Leopard 10.6.8

9 posts in this topic

Yeh nice one.:thumbsup_anim:

It was the best $20 I spend all those years ago with Apple for a Snow Leopard CD-ROM :)

I am booting 5 macOS's: Snow Leopard, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra on my trusty (Legacy BIOS) DELL Inspiron 530 (Xeon E5450 upgrade) with OC 0.6.1 Legacy Boot (and emulated NVRAM).

After the BIOS Post Screen, OC + booting Snow takes ~4 seconds whereas Clover + Snow is taking ~10 seconds.

Snow is still very quick and reliable. Ready to do work as soon as I login.

The thing you cannot do easily with OC is inject the required kext such as Lilu, VirtualSMC, etc are not supported on 10.6.8.

All my required kexts are in /S/L/E and cached using the old Kext Utility.

My graphics card is GT240 and is naively supported by 10.6 and all the way up to 10.13.

I was thinking of upgrading it to GT740 (so that I can upgrade to 10.15 Catalina) but Snow does not support Nvidia GT740 so if I upgrade the GPU, I loose Snow. hmmmm.

03170045.thumb.png.fe50cfefbba2617abed697d074e632f7.png

Edited by MacNB
2 minutes ago, MacNB said:

Yeh nice one.:thumbsup_anim:

It was the best $20 I spend all those years ago with Apple for a Snow Leopard CD-ROM :)

I am booting 5 macOS's: Snow Leopard, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra on my trusty (Legacy BIOS) DELL Inspiron 530 (Xeon E5450 upgrade) with OC 0.6.1 Legacy Boot (and emulated NVRAM).

After the BIOS Post Screen, OC + booting Snow takes ~4 seconds whereas Clover + Snow is taking ~10 seconds.

Snow is still very quick and reliable. Ready to do work as soon as I login.

The thing you cannot do easily with OC is inject the required kext such as Lilu, VirtualSMC, etc are not supported on 10.6.8.

All my required kexts are in /S/L/E and cached using the old Kext Utility.

My graphics card is GT240 and is naively supported by 10.6 and all the way up to 10.13.

I was thinking of upgrading it to GT740 (so that I can upgrade to 10.15 Catalina) but Snow does not support Nvidia GT740 so if I upgrade the GPU, I loose Snow. hmmmm.

Yeh :rofl: I have a lot of ATI 5xx and two Saphire Radeon HD 6570 and 6670 working wonderfully well in Snow natively.

the problem is that my Radeon card stops in Mojave and it's a shame <_<

This is the first time I use Snow with OC, usually it is with Clover but today I saw a commit that gave me the taste to try cacc829 

I love Snow and I have designed several wonderful programs to install it as easily as possible, both for real Macs and for Hack, I also have the DVD like you and I made several copies :w00t:

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

chris
can you upload efi sample file for snow?
my hp laptop can't get bootpicker now.
very strange.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Here my EFI  its my Dell Optiplex 790 PC

Try to activate DSDT.aml in config

EFI.zip

• 3 weeks later...

@chris1111

hi chris i almost finished it. but i wonder that how can you install legacy OC?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/legacy.html

you followed this process?

my HD has GPT now. but script is for MBR above?

is it right?

is it way for GPT OC legacy?

thanks in advanced

5 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

@chris1111

hi chris i almost finished it. but i wonder that how can you install legacy OC?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/legacy.html

you followed this process?

my HD has GPT now. but script is for MBR above?

is it right?

is it way for GPT OC legacy?

thanks in advanced

Yes right  it is the same but I create an Automate programme for doing this but it is in French only

edit *****

Its for GPT 

Edited by chris1111
Its for GPT