OC Panic: Error unserializing prelink plist: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 3 DELL XPS 7590

piromanneo

5 posts in this topic

Hello I'm having problem with my Catalina (10.15.5) installation, after the command sudo kextcache -i / system does not boot. It hangs on this kernel panic (attached). I have tried using older versions of Open core (05.8,05.9,0.60) same error. Tried -x -f -v boot flags same panic. Tried different versions of kexts same panic. I can boot in recovery mode, so i tried with in terminal kextcache -i /, -u but it gives me errors about StagedExtensions could not be found "because there is no such file... 

Any tip, debuging, would be appreciated.

Tried reinstalling, system boots fine until there is cache rebuild.

Specs 

Dell XPS 7590
i7 9750h
16GB RAM
1TB ADATA SX8200 m.2 nvme
1080 non touch panel
wifi BCM94360NG fenvi card

Efi is losely based on this repo: (also tried with his files, but same panic)

https://github.com/gorquan/OC-XPS-7590

Thank you.

IMG_1948 copy.jpg

EFI.zip

Edited by piromanneo
wifi added

• 2 months later...

@piromanneo Were you ever able to get this figured out?  I'm having the same problem on my machine.  Brand new USB stick with OC 0.6.3 and the latest Catalina installer, config validates with sanity checker and ocvalidate.  Same error when I try to boot my Catalina drive that has Clover on it.

Edited by roddie

• 1 month later...

So after a lot of trial-and-error, I figured out that the problem on my end was a newer version of AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.  I went back to v2.2.2 and it worked fine.

I know someone else has also seen this issue recently on a completely different system and he was able to resolve it by going back to an older kext as well.

Hope this helps others!

• 6 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, roddie said:

So after a lot of trial-and-error, I figured out that the problem on my end was a newer version of AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext.  I went back to v2.2.2 and it worked fine.

I know someone else has also seen this issue recently on a completely different system and he was able to resolve it by going back to an older kext as well.

Hope this helps others!

I want to thank you very much . I was trying  for weeks to update from OC 0.6.6 to OC 0.7.0 and I was out of ideas when I found this post . I was using the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext 2.3.3 and after I read this post I switch to 2.3.0 and right away Catalina was booting .

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-z170Mx Gaming5 .Now I see , we have same motherboard,cpu and memory . I have a Vega 56 graphic card.

Thanks again.