Help! Tried to Duel Boot Hackintosh and can't get back to Windows because I messed up the boot drives with Clover!

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So I have my Windows computer, used a USB with Clover setup to boot into Mojave OS that I installed on the SD card in the computer. The world was a great place and all was well!

Then I did the steps to partition the pc system to now include the additional drive that I would put Clover on. Here's where I messed up: Instead of directly copying over the full Clover folder into the EFI folder of the new drive (which just had the Boot & Microsoft folders in it), I replaced the EFI's boot folder with Clover's boot folder. So the EFI folder now contains a Microsoft folder, a Clover folder, and Clover's Boot folder only.

Now, I only can access the Clover boot up menu, the macOS, but no Windows at all. Even if I go into BIOS and pick Windows Boot Manager or Partition 1 for the start up, I get a black screen for both. I can still access the macOS as well as Shell, but I don't know what that does other than displaying all of the yellow text fly by..

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me get Windows back to boot? Keep in mind I'm a bit of a newbie here so laying out the common-sense steps would be helpful!

Thank you in advance!

If you have a windows USB you can use it to repair your installation. Or using tuxera ntfs or something similar you can backup what you need from your windows disk from macOS and reinstall windows from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk